Whose tunes are you running?

fourwheeldrive9

Reaction score
Just looking to see who recommends what tunes, maybe help some new guys out on options..

Whose tunes do you have?
What tunes?
MODS?
Best for AUTO or 5spd?

I have Tony Wildman tunes, for one he's a great guy. Customer service is awesome and reburns are free...

Stock
Economy
Tow
Street
Extreme
High Idle

Tom S

Reaction score
I have a bunch of DP-Tuners tunes from live tuning sessions.

GM Duraturd

Reaction score
I always ran Tonys tunes, I liked them alot. (Auto trans)

My dad is running PHP tuning on his SD and IMO they are spot on, amazing tunes. Great manners and drivablity.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I ran PHP tunes for a while and loved them. Just had Matt (gearhead) reburn mine and will be trying them as soon as the motor goes back in.

JD3020

Reaction score
I'm running gearhead tunes here. Running AD split-shots, and pretty much stock everything else except the basics. My truck never leaves the 2 hottest tunes. In the hottest tune it will smoke a lot if i'm under the turbo, but once the turbo lights its just a haze. Under normal driving there is no smoke or anything. Just good throttle response and a lot of power.

Peroni

Reaction score
I've run TW, Swamps and got live tuned at Beans last summer. I was happy with all of them. BDP so far has worked the best but I think having Jonathon tune it in person made the difference. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the well known tuners.

bluedge8

Reaction score
this was one of the toughest decisions for me, but I ended up with gearhead tunes for a number of reasons, I wouldn't have had a problem with beans, php, swamps or cale.
right now my truck has 6637, 3" dp, 4" exh, and tunes, soon will have inj's

Countryboy07

Reaction score
I'm a newb to the OBS and have a question... I'm not new to custom tunes because of my 6.0, but chips in the 7.3 needing burnt for tunes has me thinking. The truck I just bought has a Bullydog chip in it, I haven't ran it yet, truck needs a new IDM, but I've been told that the Bullydog can not be reburnt. Any truth to that? Sorry for the long post, but trying to figure out what I want to do with the truck.

Dieselfever

Reaction score
Swamps can reburn bullydog chips(the Van Akken style) IIRC, call and double check though

I run Swamps on my truck obviously. Programs I have are: Hwy mpg 2, Baby Swamp, Hot Tow. Auto guys that have them or are looking should try them should check out the 'Travis F350' programs

-Michael

Last edited: