Thoughts on NVX sound deadner

jwlandry

Reaction score
I just bought some components for my front doors and while I have the door panels off I figured I'd go ahead and add some deadner. The guy at sonic electronic swore by this stuff so I got a kit that states it will do 4 doors. I'm planning on using it all on the front two doors.

It's 2.3mm thick.
Straight off sonic's site:

NVX is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sound dampening material, and is up to 30% thicker than the other brands. Don't pay ridiculous amounts of money to kill those rattles, when you can get everything you need from NVX for a fraction of the price. With the SDBP40 dampening material, you will notice a higher quality sound from your system as well as a drastic reduction of road noise. With 40 square feet of material, you will have enough to cover all of those problem areas that have been bothering you for so long!

Product Features

Ten 18" x 32" Pieces of Dead Shield Sound Dampening Material
Eliminates road noise
Quiets vibrations
Stops rattles
Increases SPL
Reduces heat
Easy to form aluminum conforms to desired area of vehicle with ease
Four step peel and stick design for easy installation
Increases sound quality and output of car audio system
Up to 30% thicker than the leading competitors
40 Square feet total
Authorized Internet Dealer
1-year Manufacturer's Warranty

jdc753

Reaction score
I've never heard of them, but there are a lot of companies out there now producing these products. I wish they had more detailed specs on what the stuff actually is instead of simply giving a thickness and some nice words.

It is thicker than most, so I would assume it has a good density and good foil thickness, but that is all I can guess at based on the thickness. I don't think you will have any problems with it and it should preform quite well as long as its constructed good, just not enough info to solidly compare it to other products.

I've been trying to work on an installation write up but just can't seem to find the time. One tool I really liked for doing doors is a craftsman screw driver, can be any kind, I use the rounded handle end to work the foil around the tight shapes of the inner door skin, that and a utility knife and you should be golden for installing. If you got the time and want to go the extra step, build a speaker baffle out of some 1/2" or 3/4" MDF to decouple the speaker from the door, also make some filler panels to seal up the 3 big holes in the doors, aluminum, fiberglass, or plexi glass work great for this, just cover in deadener and fasten to the door and you should be rockin.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
have had good luck with dynamat, im sure its a similar insulator, let us know how you like it

jwlandry

Reaction score
Got it in and it's some thick heavy stuff. Seems as the backing is pretty sticky too. I'll post pics and results this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online