Anyone else having a hard time deciding on what gauges to go with?

Enoch

Reaction score
This is driving me banana's. Right now I have the GlowShift 3 in 1, but they have so much glare in the day the digital readings for boost and tranny temp they're pretty much useless. Never had a simgle problem with it though.

I actually had decided on DiPricol's whole heartily, until I found that pretty much no one carries them and the went out of business.

I like the white face because it just seems it would be easier to read in the day time, but black does match better, but are they just as easy to see in the day? Which ever I choose I really would like an orange backlight, very easy on the eyes at night.
Can I change out the bulbs on most gauges?

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Here's what I have now.
IMAG0849.png

Enoch

Reaction score
You have any night shots of them? Never really looked at the ultra-lights, can the bulb be changed?

Thanks!

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
You have any night shots of them? Never really looked at the ultra-lights, can the bulb be changed?

Thanks!

Not yet im waiting to get my boost gauge in. I broke the socket for the pyro gauge so i had to order a new one and i got blue bulb covers to go with them. You can get either bulb covers or full led bulbs for them so the possibilities are very open as to what color they can be!

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I have had isspro performax's for about 4 years. Had 8 gauges in my old truck only put 4 and a scan gauge in this truck. I have been very happy with them. Best part is only 4 wires run into the cab to run up to 17 gauges. Isspro's customer service is second to none as well. I had an issue and mike at isspro gave me his personal cell phone number and helped me diagnose the problem at 8pm on a Friday and then had parts shipped on Saturday so I had them on Monday. The control box that failed was almost 3 years old and they warrentied it no questions asked.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I have had isspro performax's for about 4 years. Had 8 gauges in my old truck only put 4 and a scan gauge in this truck. I have been very happy with them. Best part is only 4 wires run into the cab to run up to 17 gauges. Isspro's customer service is second to none as well. I had an issue and mike at isspro gave me his personal cell phone number and helped me diagnose the problem at 8pm on a Friday and then had parts shipped on Saturday so I had them on Monday. The control box that failed was almost 3 years old and they warrentied it no questions asked.

isspro makes a great gauge but damn the prices are up there.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
isspro makes a great gauge but damn the prices are up there.

Ya they are pricey, but personally I think they are worth it. Mine are almost 4 years old and still look/function like new. They match the factory dash great and knowing that isspro stands behind their product pretty much makes them the last gauges ill buy. 4 wires running as many gauges as I want saves a big headache as well. Lol

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Look at the thread jap has about the factory ford match gauges they look great!

those were up there on my list!

Ya they are pricey, but personally I think they are worth it. Mine are almost 4 years old and still look/function like new. They match the factory dash great and knowing that isspro stands behind their product pretty much makes them the last gauges ill buy. 4 wires running as many gauges as I want saves a big headache as well. Lol

yeah i know the feeling those glowshift elite 10's were about the easiest install i have ever had to do. Everything is plug and play you only have to hard wire in a switched 12v, constant 12v, and ground. they just piggy back on each other. I was cussing a storm when i wired up my ultra lites lol.

JD3020

Reaction score
I've got Autometer Z-series and i like em. Only complaints are there are a ****-ton of wires for em, and i have the stock lights in em which sucks. Planning on swapping in a set of green LED's sometime which should help em out.

525788_3575081258152_1306680626_3578125_1637817233_n.jpg

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I've got Autometer Z-series and i like em. Only complaints are there are a ****-ton of wires for em, and i have the stock lights in em which sucks. Planning on swapping in a set of green LED's sometime which should help em out.

It was a tough choice between z series and these. I only went with a 30lb boost gauge this time around, got tired of only going half way up the 60 lb LOL

01PSD

Reaction score

Just ordered a set of green LED's to go in my brother's set :D I'll let you know how they look once they're in

JD3020

Reaction score
It was a tough choice between z series and these. I only went with a 30lb boost gauge this time around, got tired of only going half way up the 60 lb LOL

I thought about getting a 30lb gauge so i could watch it snap over, but i'd get tired of it pegging all the time. LOL I had mine up to 40 on one run, then the up-pipes started ticking and now i'm down to 33-34psi as my max. :doh: Really need to fix that

Just ordered a set of green LED's to go in my brother's set :D I'll let you know how they look once they're in

Yeah, post up how they are. IDK whats up with mine but my top gauge is really bright and green, and matches the dash. 2nd gauge isn't nearly as green, and is dimmer, 3rd gauge is barely readable at night.

When they were ordered i was thinking of another gauge which weren't these, and i thought i was gonna hate the look of em. But these have grown on me, and they get compliments cause they blend in. If i were to do it again though, i'd prolly go with Isspro Performax.

01PSD

Reaction score
That's exactly how the C2's were that he had before, the Z series are the same way though... and with the bulb covers they're extremely dim. It's terrible

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Agreed... Although I chose black/black just because it matched. I was in the same boat as the OP when I chose Isspro. I previously had glowshift and they were very hard to see in the daytime with the tinted lens.

I started looking at Isspro because they offered a white face/chrome bezel and because of rumors of DiProcol going out. I don't regret going with Isspro one bit. Installation was very easy and you can tell just by holding them they are quality pieces, along with the customer service they are second to none.

Enoch

Reaction score
I appreciate all the input guys. As far as the factory match, or any black face gauge, is there a lot of glare and are they hard to see in the day? I'm guessing because the GlowShift glass isn't flat, has a concave shape to it ( I think that's what it's called) is why there is SO much glare whith them.
I told myself I wouldn't buy isspro's for personal reasons, but I have looked at them. I know where there's a set of EV1's for a good price and they're still new in the box. Just not convinced on buying them and not sure on the bulbs. (can they be changed for leds). They're are a great looking gauge I will say that.

Can I ask where everyone's getting the leds for their gauges and what bulb # is it please?

I do appreciate the input and TheSmokinStroke2002 when you get a night shot, post up a pic please.

Enoch

Reaction score
Agreed... Although I chose black/black just because it matched. I was in the same boat as the OP when I chose Isspro. I previously had glowshift and they were very hard to see in the daytime with the tinted lens.

I started looking at Isspro because they offered a white face/chrome bezel and because of rumors of DiProcol going out. I don't regret going with Isspro one bit. Installation was very easy and you can tell just by holding them they are quality pieces, along with the customer service they are second to none.

You got black/black, how are they in the day as far as glare, if I'm not mistaken they have a slight roundness to their glass as well? Also can you have a pic handy? Did you go with the ev1 or 2?

Last edited:

Wojo

Reaction score
i love my Auto Meter Z-Series. i have Blue LED's in them and have absolutely no problem seeing them day or night. i had the Glowshift 3 in 1 before i got these and i had no problems with glare on either gauge. they worked fine for me. im going to be going back to glowshift just as soon as my Autometers sell. They are more budget friendly for me and i want to start expanding the amount of gauges i have. i will eventually end up with the Glowshift Black face without the tinted face. im gonna go with a quad pod to start with and go from their.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.