Tinted BB

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I took the dive today. I've done dark tint before, but this is my first time doing the windshield, and I don't think I'll be going back. Just hope the fuzz doesn't lay into me too hard around here. Only time will tell.
The run down:
35% whole windshield
5% front driver and passenger window
20% on top of factory 20 on rear doors and rear 3 piece

It's such a pleasure to drive! I don't think I'll have to wear sunglasses even on a bright day.

The goods:
DSC_1688.jpg

DSC_1694.jpg

Here's a shot to compare natural light to the interior look:
DSC_1689.jpg

I'm going to take it for a cruise once it gets dark to see how it feels, but honestly, it's not bad at all. Just looks like a cloudy day, and no more squinting or sunglasses needed. It definitely is dramatic and makes the truck look real clean! :D

Hope you guys like it!

Imcummin

Reaction score
That looks awesome! I'm going to do it too when I get time to be without the truck.

jonnysteals

Reaction score
Your welcome $or telling.g you how to tint bb. It will get a little lighter when the film dries. Not much just a bit

17BLKplat

Reaction score
It's illegal in Jersey. I am not supposed to even have my front windows done, but like I said to the shop, I'll get a ticket anyway, so might as well get one in style LOL

Also- for those who might be thinking it, Recon lights are already in boxes towards my house. Just waiting for them to arrive.

Your welcome $or telling.g you how to tint bb. It will get a little lighter when the film dries. Not much just a bit
Phone forum surfing ftw hahaha!
Yeah I remember that, and to be honest, it's not that bad Johnny! You'll see it soon. I think it's lighter than what my car even felt like.

David S.

Reaction score
That looks real nice! Tint laws suck in VA but hey if your gunna do illegal tint, you might as well go all out. Can't wait to see BB2 with all black lights!

strokin6L

Reaction score
Tint laws are the same in NY. I got pulled over a couple months ago in my truck and got a ticket for them being too dark. I mailed the ticket and pleaded guilty and paid the $150 fine. I wasn't gonna take it off...haha. The cops can for F**K themselves.

jonnysteals

Reaction score
What nate doesn't know is that the windshield tint is a 256 dollar ticket. I had it for over two tears and only ever got the 56 dollar one. One cop says the full windshield is better than having half my front windshield with 5 that I currently have. I wouldn't worry about it honestly

David S.

Reaction score
Tint laws are the same in NY. I got pulled over a couple months ago in my truck and got a ticket for them being too dark. I mailed the ticket and pleaded guilty and paid the $150 fine. I wasn't gonna take it off...haha. The cops can for F**K themselves.

damn 150?? VA is only 96. Why did you have to go to court though if you paid the tint ticket?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
You guys are lucky the windshield tint ticket is $400 here in SC ask me how I know? I wouldn't change it tho.... 20% is a tad dark sometimes tho but the hid's help a lot... Your truck looks great with the tint btw

17BLKplat

Reaction score
when are you going to do some performance mods?
Um, maybe the 2nd week I own the truck LOL
Today is 7 days of ownership, it's only got 415 miles on the odo, which is nice.
What nate doesn't know is that the windshield tint is a 256 dollar ticket. I had it for over two tears and only ever got the 56 dollar one. One cop says the full windshield is better than having half my front windshield with 5 that I currently have. I wouldn't worry about it honestly
What I didn't know till now, atleast. Thanks for the heads up buddy! :D

Thanks for the compliments on the truck fellas, I'm excited to drive it around today.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Do any of you guys that tint the windshields live in states that have the inspection sticker and registration stickers on your windshield? If so, what are you doing about that? I've been wanting to go ahead and get mine done, but not sure if there's even a good way to go about it with both of the stickers right on the bottom of the drivers side.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
My inspection sticker will go on top of the tint at this point. I think it'll look better than tinting over it, it would stick out more too the cops imo, if you had a bright white sticker and they couldn't see you.

G Racing

Reaction score
Do any of you guys that tint the windshields live in states that have the inspection sticker and registration stickers on your windshield? If so, what are you doing about that? I've been wanting to go ahead and get mine done, but not sure if there's even a good way to go about it with both of the stickers right on the bottom of the drivers side.

I was talking to a guy about this the other day. He says he tinted his window without the stickers in place. Got a piece of light tint and put the stickers on that piece of tint. Trimmed the tint around the stickers and then stuck that to the window. He claims it was easy to remove and replace. Never tried it so I don't know.

Members online

No members online now.