Tuning feed back thread

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This is going to be a thread where people can post thier latest info on what tuner they run, how they like the tunes, customer service ect, this will be a chance to voice any complaints ect

Ill start

Ran spartan on stock turbos/engine ran good on the older 310, trans shifting was a little rough, havent run a spartan tune in over a year

KEM, only tune that i have that will lock out OD which is important for me with a laggier turbo set up, shifting is good, sometimes doesnt know what to do when its been babied awhile overall good tuning, less smoke than others 275 custom tune is what i run from KEM 99% of the time now

Innovative- great trans/engine tuning some of the strongest if not the strongest out there IMHO. Customer service is decent but limited by what can be done with sct. Eric is always willing to listen and help out when he can

that being said i should have my livewire back this week to try his latest update and see how it works with my combo. Supposed to drive better with bigger injectors ect so im excited :D

jdgleason

Reaction score
I run both Spartan and KEM tuning. Spartan tunes are good, but they do shift hard. The 210 tow performance is about all I run of theirs anymore. I have never had any bad experiences with customer service at all. Mick and Jeff have always been eager to help and quick to respond.

I run the KEM 345 as a dd. The shifts are smooth, and it makes great power. It also runs very cool, and the customer service is second to none. Mike and Muj have both been awesome to work with and super knowledgable.

BCB

Reaction score
I run both Spartan and KEM tuning. Spartan tunes are good, but they do shift hard. The 210 tow performance is about all I run of theirs anymore. I have never had any bad experiences with customer service at all. Mick and Jeff have always been eager to help and quick to respond.

I run the KEM 345 as a dd. The shifts are smooth, and it makes great power. It also runs very cool, and the customer service is second to none. Mike and Muj have both been awesome to work with and super knowledgable.

You do know That 210 TP tune is ment to shift firm right?

zabeard

Reaction score
I have the Spartan, all I have ran in the last year is the 250, 275 and 210 Tow. Specifically the 275 daily and randomly the 250 with 210 only for towing trips.

It shifts hard I do agree, makes me want traction bars but its fine for what i do. I like the DD for hardware, great device to monitor, I just wish it held up to the heat of the sun better so I dont have to remove it in the summer.

Mick and Jeff have both been top notch. I have no reason not to continue using their products.

Id love the try Eric's tunes however. I have rode in some trucks and it seems very smooth and great tune.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I'm running the 345. It's great in every aspect except for the power. It doesn't seem like it had what my old 310 spartan tune did. Mike has great customer service though. He told me to call him concerning the power issue, i just never got around to do it and don't really care too much.

Innovative tunes on the way soon

Last edited:

David S.

Reaction score
Spartan. Previous owner ran Spartan 250. I now run 210 Tow/Performance. Dealt with Jeff the other day concerning my DashDaq and how to unlock some monitor parimeters, very helpful and pleasent to deal with.

Silver2010

Reaction score
Ran Spartan 275 on my 08 for around 30k and never had an issue so decided to go with Spartan again for my 2010. Currently running 310 as my daily driver. No issues to report and currently have around 10k miles on the tuner. Shifting has always been hard but installed OUO traction blocks today and shifting seems to feel a lot smoother! Customer service has always been pretty good, no complaints.

That being said... would love to try KEM 345 but unfortunately I have updated my dash daq and waiting for more proof that KEM tunes could be run on updated Phalanx before I purchase.

Stout

Reaction score
truck has sct from the owner before, ive got about 10k of spartan 250/275 tunes and id have to say it runs great. my buddy has erics tunes on it and it shifts alot nicer...im was thinking i am gonna have a x3 in the works soon i can get some of erics tunes also but im trying to save up so i can either do studs or wastegate. so i think the tuners on hold at the moment

jdgleason

Reaction score
You should go for a ride in my truck sometime. :poke:

Shifts absolutely amazing with a SunCoast, Spartan TCM, and any given tune.

I would love to! Lol and i apologize. What I meant is in compareson, as a general rule, Spartan tunes shift a little firmer than the rest :D nothing wrong with that, just saying!

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I love my Tunes from Eric.. Not crazy about the livewire though.. But wouldnt trade my tunes for anything

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Ran DD with Spartan for about the first year. 275 then the 310. Did shift hard but when I put my 4 link in it made a big difference. Since my mods I have been running Eric's tunes. Love them and he is eager to help/modify tunes for what you need. My livewire is coming back to me this week, just need my trans and I can try out his new tuning and mods for the bigger turbos/injectors. Can't wait.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ran DD with Spartan for about the first year. 275 then the 310. Did shift hard but when I put my 4 link in it made a big difference. Since my mods I have been running Eric's tunes. Love them and he is eager to help/modify tunes for what you need. My livewire is coming back to me this week, just need my trans and I can try out his new tuning and mods for the bigger turbos/injectors. Can't wait.

I should have my livewire soon too im very eager to see what the new changes do

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Truck has 52,000 miles...Spartan tuned since 7500 miles, I have had Zero issues and love there tunes. I may have to go with innovative down the road for custom tuning my pumps, hp turbos, 110s, etc.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Truck has 52,000 miles...Spartan tuned since 7500 miles, I have had Zero issues and love there tunes. I may have to go with innovative down the road for custom tuning my pumps, hp turbos, 110s, etc.

I think that is a good decision, since it seems Spartan doesn't like to custom tune and Eric will update any of your tunes for free.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.