Thanks Jake, Irate bell turbo kit

robnaches

Reaction score
Justed wanted to say thanks for the great service and craftsmanship on the parts from Irate Diesel. Jake has been top notch to work with. The turbo with stock injectors is making 38 lbs of boost and there is almost no turbo lag at all. All I can say is after driving this truck for almost 12 years now it is like having a new truck again.

Irate Bell option turbo,T4 mount, head studs, uppipes, intercooler pipes, irate duel fuel filter kit,adrenaline hhop, stainless steel fuel hard lines with regulated return and fuel tank pick up mod. Jake contacted Cale from Tyrate Diesel for the tunes on the Tony Wildman 6 position chip. Also installed engine and intercooler boots from The Diesel Site. I fabricated the air box for the turbo install. Also have a pacbrake and msd digital propane injection on the truck with some upgrades to the 4R100 transmission.

Thanks again Jake.
Here is a picture of it installed
Irate diesel turbo installed.jpg

Last edited:

FORD7.3

Reaction score
stock injectors im gonna guess s366?? But jake is a great guy and knows his chit no doubt about that!

robnaches

Reaction score
It is a S300 based charger with a custom high flowing compressor wheel. Was looking at a different charger but Jake talked me into this one and I am very happy with it. Jake told me it would be a match for what I was doing just amazed at how fast it spools. Egts have dropped 200 to 400 degree's depending on chip settings.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
This is the LASB turbo which flows 1200cfm. So it is a fair amount of flow over the standard 66 wheel that flows 1100cfm. We've been having very good luck with this turbo, it performs very well.

Swaan

Reaction score
I got this turbo on order, it's nice to see replys like this it makes me think my decision was a good one!:thumbup:

robnaches

Reaction score
1200 mile trip

Just got back from pulling trailer to Salmon Idaho.
19000 lbs pickup and trailer with 80 hp tow tune and all I can says WOW!
Pulled three passes and never seen over 1150 on pyro.
Have made this trip several times since 1999 going hunting and it pulls on average 10 to 15 mph faster on all the hills.
Very impressed going around 20 mph corners in the middle of a hill and how it will pick up speed after the corner.
Thanks again Big Jake

Peroni

Reaction score
Another very happy LASB owner and Irate customer here. Jake is great to work with and the turbo is nothing short of phenomenal!! Used to peg my egt gauge very easy now it's an effort to hit 1000° towing my 22K GN. Thank you Jake and Pius for making my PSD fun to tow with! :thumbsup: