plastic trim

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What products have you guys used to make the plastics on the bed rails and bumpers to turn them back to factory looking or close

Im really close to just sanding everything and painting it all gloss black but i dont really want to do it

I heard there is a product called back to black that works pretty well but im not sure i have never seen it or used it

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
What products have you guys used to make the plastics on the bed rails and bumpers to turn them back to factory looking or close

Im really close to just sanding everything and painting it all gloss black but i dont really want to do it

I heard there is a product called back to black that works pretty well but im not sure i have never seen it or used it

I believe what you are referring to is made by mothers.... i have tried it and wasn't very impressed..... adams polishes is a far better brand.... ill see if i can find you something dustin

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I believe what you are referring to is made by mothers.... i have tried it and wasn't very impressed..... adams polishes is a far better brand.... ill see if i can find you something dustin

perfect thank you, im worried the bed rails will look stupid gloss black

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Last edited:

BUFF

Reaction score
Turtle wax Ice car polish. Yup the same stuff as used on the paint I do my mirror plastic and the bed rail caps every time I wax the truck and it does bring a nice shine back.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I know the problem you are having is annoying but whatever you do DONT paint them......Ive seen it done and its a nightmare.

If anything you may think of spraying them with linex

TripleE44

Reaction score
I used the back to black on my 06 f150, which was also black. As soon as it got hot that day, it ran down the bedsides. I also use that turtle wax ice polish on all my black parts. Another thing you can look into is gator guard, it's a paint made for this type of thing lots of the old avalanche guys used it on all that body side molding they used to have.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought new bumper plastics , then got diamond plate rails and shot em in bedliner material.

wildstang3

Reaction score
If you were going to paint it i would use a scotch brite pad then get "trim paint" its a flat black but looks more like it supposed to then any gloss black, I would try every other option first though

Also its funny you brought up adams polishes I just aligned one of their trucks!

GetAttachment-2.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i guess ill try some adams and see what happens i need to order some wax for my truck so maybe ill order that with

I was using some stuff called system one that worked good, even on plastic but it only lasts so long, i wanted more of a permanant fix, i dont wax it in the winter and it looks like poop.

SKIRK

Reaction score
Try this if you can find it. I get it from an auto detail supply company.

af3890d2.jpg

SteveBricks

Reaction score
Back To Black works great as long as the surface you're applying it to is cool, and you stay out of the sun while you're putting it on.