Starting Issue

caladash

Reaction score
So the ex has been giving us a bit of trouble lately. The first start of the day is usually ok but afterwards it's a pain. Sometimes it's will start in neutral other times it won't. Neutral safety switch was swapped out three times with no fix to the issue. In order to get it to start, when the key is turned forward you have to ensure the wait to start light comes on. If it doesn't you have to turn the key off and on till it does. Sometimes takes a few tries. Next, try it in park, then in neutral. Switching between neutral and park to see which combo works. All ensuring the wait to start light comes on when trying. This has gotten a bit ridiculous because each time it has taken longer and longer to start. all this has been tried with the chip in and out. My only idea is that it's a coded key that has gone bad. The key is not like my 02 250. It's a bit larger. When a copy was made at Wally world the guy said it's not coded. Taken for what it's worth! Anyone else have ANY ideas?

washingtoncoastie

Reaction score
I got those same anti theft codes after putting my chip on. Once i cleared them it started right up. It did it again when i reinstalled the chip. Cleared codes and started right up again. Clear the codes and see if that works. I have to do it every time i mess with the chip.

caladash

Reaction score
So....messed around with it today and noticed when in park my CTS says it's in fourth gear. Messed with the shifter and it showed park when the shifter was aggressively brought to park. Still wouldn't start. Put it in neutral and no start. While in neutral, I brought the shifter almost in between neutral and reverse and it started. This was repeatable throughout the day. So...excursion will only start with the shifter in between reverse and neutral. Ideas?

8inchstroker

Reaction score
Check the (PRNDL)..LOL that black box the linkage hooks to on the tranny. I dont know wtf its called.I dont think they get out of adjustment?

DRUNK FINGERED FROM DROIDX

8inchstroker

Reaction score
O ya thats what it is LOL.....I always call it the prndl. Does the shifter have any play in it?

DRUNK FINGERED FROM DROIDX

caladash

Reaction score
So this is probably a rookie move but I figured it out. The neutral safety switch can be adjusted clockwise or counter clockwise with the bolts loosened up.With the shifter in neutral, the lines on the switch were not lined up. Loosen the bolts and adjusted it till they were. So far so good......

Latest posts

Members online