Billet Converter Install

superstroked

Reaction score
I have a place here in DFW area that built the transmission for my 05 Dodge. They built me a billet converter in house with better clutches ect. along with the rebuild.

Well, I called them just to see what they would charge to build and install just a billet converter for this truck and was quoted $845.00 built and installed with a 1 day turn around. I am pretty sure this is a great deal but wanted to see what yall thought.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Is this thing suppose to be equivalent to the suncoast? If it is then that is a great deal, considering a SC is $1700

superstroked

Reaction score
Is this thing suppose to be equivalent to the suncoast? If it is then that is a great deal, considering a SC is $1700

I have never run suncoast to compare but, when before they did the trans for the dodge, I could slip the converter at will with the smarty on as little as TNT level 3 with a mild torque mgmt setting. After they did the work, I couldnt slip it on TNT 7. Not sure they helps answer your question but, it was a significant increase in holding strength.

superstroked

Reaction score
they have done transmission work for 2 of my personal vehicles(dodge and 700r4 in my 57 chevy) and everyting has been top notch. I worked for a repair shop here in DFW a few years back and they are who we subleted all of our transmisison work too. The name of the shop is Hacklers Transmission in Dallas. Mods, if this is against forum rules to give out shop info, please feel free to edit accordingly.She did tell me they do not have cores so it they would need to pull it, rebuild the converter on site and reinstall. it would be a one day turn around

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
sounds like a sweet deal...if they stand behind it im sure that would be a great way to go. just hate to see it start to slip and they make up excuses. good luck man

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I say go for it, I found a local shop thats going to be doing my trans next week. Triple disk billet converter, red eagle clutchs and alto steels, billet input, and doing the internal filter swap/upgrade (I have the junk exterior 4 port filter) for 3200.00 out the door and thats with a 12 month warranty or for and extra 1k a 3 year warranty.

A buddy of mine had them do his like this a few months back and its stout.

Stout

Reaction score
I say go for it, I found a local shop thats going to be doing my trans next week. Triple disk billet converter, red eagle clutchs and alto steels, billet input, and doing the internal filter swap/upgrade (I have the junk exterior 4 port filter) for 3200.00 out the door and thats with a 12 month warranty or for and extra 1k a 3 year warranty.

is that installed and everything?

eric.davis

Reaction score
Thats a great price. I had my own deal when i got my truck done. I just have sun coast normal warranty but I had everything done for 6500

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Yeah it is a really good price. My buddy that had them do his even had the guys a Spartan talk with them on the phone to make sure all the parts are the same as they would use. I'm guessing they order their parts from the same place that other trans builders get theirs from.

blackbetty13

Reaction score

what company is this ?????? and theres a place here in houston thats called circle D that built a tranny to hold a 500hp 6.0 and its doing just fine (smoking6.0psd)

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
wish i had know that before dropping over twice that on an Elite tranny...

Lake Conroe transmission

what company is this ?????? and theres a place here in houston thats called circle D that built a tranny to hold a 500hp 6.0 and its doing just fine (smoking6.0psd)

They do a three year warranty for an extra 1000.00

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Lake Conroe transmission

They do a three year warranty for an extra 1000.00

3 year warranty is worth it

Yes a 3 year warranty is nice and all but itd be nice having spent a couple grand less and being able to drive 40 minutes down the road if something ever went wrong... at least now i know where to go after my warranty goes out.

Latest posts

Members online