Mod day/GTG in OK or KS??

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I will be swapping turbos and installing an exhaust system on my Excursion this weekend. I'm working near Tulsa and staying at an RV park, so I was hoping I could find a fellow 7.3'er with a nice shop to do this in - but at this point I'll settle for someone to drink beers with who can look over my shoulder and maybe keep me from screwing up! My stock turbo failed on the way here and I swapped in another stock turbo I had with me while on the side of I-81 in MD... :doh:

Anyway, I have all the tools I need and I guess I know what I'm doing - but I always enjoy making new friends as I travel around for work! I've been lucky enough to make it to PSD GTG's in a few places in the country and its ALWAYS a good time when a few people who are passionate about their trucks end up in the same place!! :thumbup:

So, if this weekend doesn't work out - lets get something together in the near future! I'll be here for a couple more months and have plenty of 'projects' for the old Excursion - b-code spring swap, Landyot Radius Rods, Hellwig sway bar, F-650 dash, carpet-to-vinyl floors swap, install sound/thermal insulation, etc. ;)

I've gone up to Wichita a few times to visit friends and water ski (Sky Ski), so thats certainly not too far for me to go. I'd guess OKC is about the same distance from here so that'd be an option too!

Are there any PSD people in this part of the world???? :confused:

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Damn.... Should have came to wichita this weekend. There were a few knowledgeable PSD freaks that got together, drank, and did some racing too.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I saw the thread about the races, etc - but I'm working Sat's right now... :doh: I'll be looking out for the next event though!

Ok, turbo and exhaust installed. I got bitched at a little by the park manager so not likely to get away with too much wrenching at camp again. :eek: The bad news is, after last turbo swap the stock up-pipes went from not leaking AT ALL to leaking miserably. I was hoping to get away with the stockers until the end of the year when the 'big' charger goes in. :cool: Oh well, I guess I'll be able to make someone a sweet deal on a set of bellowed up-pipes and a van turbo combo!

Now, I need to find a place to do the up-pipes when they get here... :poke:

jwlandry

Reaction score
Where you working in tulsa? I had been there since thanksgiving and left the week after memorial day. We was working at the Holly Refinery on SW Blvd.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I'm working at a tank farm in Glenpool. As far as I'm concerned, all refineries suck to work in... :rolleyes: I've been working on tanks my whole life and prefer these lonely terminals/tank farms and their refined products 100:1 over the refinery!! :thumbup:

My bellowed up-pipes will be here Monday and I need to find a place to install them so I don't get kicked out of (another) RV park... :p Vanderchevy?? JT250?? :poke: Anybody??? :eek:

BFD99

Reaction score
Dang if it wasn't this weekend we could have used my shop. I'm headed to St. Louis for the weekend. But I do live in South Tulsa, and my shop is in Pryor.

But Yeah I'm down for a GTG or something. Midnight drags or grabbing dinner or something.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
This weekend is out, parts wont be here until Monday... Basically, I have a week from Sunday (the 19th) to do this since I'm working 6-12's. I'm going home to go camping on the lake with my boys and some friends the following week - so my next chance to GTG will be 7/10.

Lets put something together!! Even if its not to what me wrench on my junk. :p

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
What RV park are you staying at? I'm down in Tulsa for the Pinto World horse show, I have to head back to Wichita here soon but I'll be back and forth a few times in the coming weeks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.