Stay of execution.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
This is evidence that a GOOD vehicle can become family.

96' ecsb auto 2wd 311k paid $1750 3 years ago.

100_0893.jpg

Pulled its guts out over these 3+ years. Only fixes have been regular wear items, vac pump, bat, tie rod end....ect. Thought the tranny was done last summer then 2 qts of Lucas to swell the seals and it lives again! Its rusty dented and dirty. It gas been treated like a good pair of work boots and it shows. I should just scrap the damn thing but I can't. That would be like shooting your favorite dog, and I simply can't do it. I've been tossing around for the last few months what exactly to do with it and I finally have some ideas.

Its light, about 6k w/my fatass. So it wouldn't take much to make a stealthy little sleeper/DD out of it. Something I can still pull to the scrapper + bracket race at the occasional show. Its gonna need a tranny rebuild anyway and the hpop/injs are getting week sooo.... But what injectors, what pump? Whatever I do its gonna be cheap and utility minded. It needs to still get good mileage and pull up to 20 gross.

Here's wear I've started.
Over a year ago the fb developed a leak and the "tightwad mod" was born.
It has a CPT 4 gauge pillar pod.
My 1st IDM mod.
And an old TS chip with TW tunes.

Some free/cheap things I've done lately.
"Off mod" on the headlights.
F76561A1-orig.jpg

Underhood dog hair mat delete.
3C8F2475-orig.jpg

Nasty side molding delete.
C479C7DE-orig.jpg

01A35CAF-orig.jpg

Last edited:

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
It came with a ls 4.10 rear which was killing me on the hiway. This weekend my son and I swapped in a peg leg 3.55.

DBC1DB36-orig.jpg

4BB37BF8-orig.jpg

656007A6-orig.jpg

Muuuch better!

My next mod will be to get some investors and a good cheap pump. Any ideas for a working man's truck?

I know this isn't a desirable build but maybe it will keep me inspired to do more.

Last edited:

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I just sprayed let sit sprayed again and could residue so wiped and repeated. Letting the 5th spray stay.

genuineford

Reaction score
I would do something like 238/100's and a 38R. It is a good combination and you will still be able to tow with it. Add an adrenaline or a stealth srp1 and call it a day.

Jacob 76

Reaction score
I LOVE my T500 Terminator pump. I would highly recommend it. I was told by Terminator that it will flow enough to support 250/100s.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I'm with Steve, mild injectors like a 238/100, 38r, and a home brewed fuel system to start off. Seems to be a proven reliable setup, and it would be fun on the street.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
It will go 1 of 2 ways.

1's and t500 - cheap, reliable, can still use stock turbo and trans rebuild with a BTS vb.
Or
300/200's GTX 4?9? SRP1 custom air and a full on BTS.

In other words I'm still on the fence with money. Anything over 1's and a T500 I might as well go for broke.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I like option 2 Joe. You have the LE if you really need to mule.something.down the road.

The awesome part is you will be stupid fast with 3.55s and the lightweight.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I think if I go door #2 I will also add a king pin 60. That much power with a 2wd would be pretty useless unless its a dedicated racer.

Until I decided how much $ I'm willing to spend on this ole girl ill just keep doing fixes and freebies. Git a pretty serious windshield leak that needs sealed and I'm looking to try out the Tightwad version II.

Last edited:

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Well... now that I have no excuse not to I'm gonna start the 2wd-4wd D60 swap.

Going to do a shackle convo at the same time. Wish me luck!

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
While trying to trouble shoot a loss in power I found my crusty old brittle MAP was leaking and my Boost line had burned in 2. :doh:

Runs like a new truck again! :pimp:

Latest posts

Members online