Extreme X file

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Eric. The extreme X file is so sick. Hardly smokes until its wide open and just plain hauls ass. Did awesome with my paddles in the sand. Cant wait till the updates ready to send the tuner back in.

Ryan

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
I just got mine last week and it's great! The only problem I have is the crazy shifting at 1/2-3/4 throttle? Anybody else having this issue? 1/4 throttle runs smooth and WOT hauls ass but anything in between and it can't make up its mind... it stutters and then slams a gear and then shakes the whole truck and then finally smooths out.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Ya it does that to me with 5th/od. I hate it i like when they shift together. This tune hits 5th then a second or 2 later hits od. Only complaint

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Oh yes. Power is always on tap. Boost is up so its always responsive and damn near no smoke.

dommel01

Reaction score
Just loaded my extreme x today, at wide open im only seeing 42 lbs, i was doin 54 with my kem

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Ya it does that to me with 5th/od. I hate it i like when they shift together. This tune hits 5th then a second or 2 later hits od. Only complaint

So is that not normal? Every tune with firmer stock lock has always done that with me, hit 5th at 45 and OD within a second later

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
that's normal for IDP tunes. mine is 100% better after some miles on it.

mine shifts a little softer than race lock. but Eric can change it I'm sure since its emailed. but it's a sweet tune. I think the old xrace pulls harder down low once it lights.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

strokin6L

Reaction score
I've got two extreme x tunes....one with a lope and one without it. Eric had to adjust the shift into OD and lockup a little because of the non vgt, but it made a huge difference and runs great.

I know most probably wont like it, but here's what the extreme x looks like at cold start up. Most trucks might not smoke that much, but eric said he can change that by raising the cold start idle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3S5cOLGepI&list=UUEQuvUJbouVmgNZOmj3uN7g&index=2&feature=plcp

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
So you Eric you do think the old xrace pulls harder than the new extreme x?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
So you Eric you do think the old xrace pulls harder than the new extreme x?

I think xtreme x pulled harder as a whole from 0-100 just consistent. but down low. say 0-50 the. xrace out pulls it I think. and I like the firmer shifting. so I've been DDing old xrace. but xtreme x is an awesome file, no taking away from it. when it comes down to whats faster, I couldn't say exactly. they just drive so different.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Ok here a scenario. 200' drag racing on dirt. I won the whole show this past Saturday. Is it worth switching to the extreme x when I get studs here soon? Or stick with the x race? I no the 3.01 extreme race pulls harder the first 200' for sure than the xrace I just got That's the 3.02 version.