banned ip address

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I have been getting a banned ip address intermittenly when using opera mini. What is the deal? This is what I use as my fulltime web browser on my blackberry.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Find out what ip address you have when on your opera browser. Surf to whatsmyip.org and it will show you your ip address, remember do this with the device that cant get here. Post what it says here and I can unban it. If I miss you posting here aka isnt fixed right after you post here send me a pm.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok I looked this one up. If you have "turbo mode" turned on in the opera mini browser (which is default I might add) it reroutes all your browsing thru their proxy servers which the spammers are using so no I wont be unbanning this address ever.

What you need to do is turn off the turbo mode. Then it works like other browsers and uses your own ip address which isnt banned.

Theres actually 2 drawbacks to the turbo mode, one is its banned here (id think that would be a big minus, would be to me) and the other is by going thru that proxy server everything you do on the net is recorded by them which if it was me I wouldnt like someone doing. They use it to sell ads and make money.

One final drawback is all your traffic is going overseas just to go to a local address here. Cant see that being that fast to me.

Also with facebook about to purchase opera I imagine the proxy server will end up in the usa soon anyways thus a different ip address. Though I imagine the spammers will just switch to using it so back to problems again. Real solution is to keep the turbo part turned off.

Sorry for the hassle.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
not a problem, i use it primarily beacse of the speed. didnt know of the turbo mode, i did know that ti renders the page remotely and compresses it to my phone. it boost the speed. if it i keep having issues, which so far seem to be intermitten i guess ill just end up going with tapatalk. havent had the chance to see tapatalk in action so i havent really though about switching. thanks for the heads up

Latest posts

Members online