Headlamps

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
I was wondering if the H13 headlights are better than super duty lamps go as far as brightness? I have to be honest my super duty lamps still don't produce a beam like they should with my HID's. I'm more than likely going to black and clears but just wanted to get opinions on the 05-07 Lamps in general.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
The 05 up uses the H13 which is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended. There are Chinese connectors that are being used to make these kits and no harness will fix the problem of to small of terminals. As of now no USA made plugs are made that I have seen and wouldn't solve the problem anyway.

You have the best headlight housings made now '02-04 and the addition of our USA made harness and a set of Hella 80/100w 4k kelvin bulbs will give you fantastic lighting.

You can also do a fog bulb upgrade..75% as bright as Hids and mod the switch to use them with your high beams.

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
So basically.....screw the 05-07 conversion and stick with my lighting?????

I mean i love the way Harley headlights work but am curious as to if the headlight housings could be modded to hold 01 bulbs to the respected and proper position to produce the proper/exact BEAM needed to run as a headlight. :confused::confused:

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
You can't mod them for Hid bulbs or earlyer bulbs without changing the bulb connector...lots of work and I don't think its possible....some have cut out the back and used hid projection modules..that could work if done correctly..lots of work.

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
You have the best headlight housings made now '02-04 and the addition of our USA made harness and a set of Hella 80/100w 4k kelvin bulbs will give you fantastic lighting.

You can also do a fog bulb upgrade..75% as bright as Hids and mod the switch to use them with your high beams.

How hard is it to install this? and How much :D

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
The 05 up uses the H13 which is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended. There are Chinese connectors that are being used to make these kits and no harness will fix the problem of to small of terminals. As of now no USA made plugs are made that I have seen and wouldn't solve the problem anyway.

:whs: I agree 100% with this!!! I have clear lenses and 80/100watt HELLA's with a relay harness in my X and do not want anymore from 'headlights'. Since the factory optics are retained, these lights do not annoy oncoming drivers the way most HID's do. We put this set-up side-by-side with a set of retro hids in the same lenses and it literally blows them away without the annoying glare to other drivers. Relay harness about $75 and bulbs well under $20/pr.

My F350 has '05-'07 headlights and Electrosport true dual-beam HID's (4 bulbs and 4 ballasts - no longer available??). These are amazing lites (also 4200 kelvin), but the Hella's provide almost as much usable light in low-beam and cost about 5% as much! :thumbup:

Besides, I kinda miss that instant recognition that it was my 7.3 that just outpulled that cummins up a grade with a trailer behind me!! :D No, I can't beat a hopped up 6bt - but I guarantee I've sent a few of them out for some hopping up... :flipa: