Remote Start

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Whats the remote starter that piggy backs off the factory fob? you hit the lock button 2 or 3 times. i cant think of what brand it is.

Bald-N-Blue

Reaction score
You've got a few choices, one of Directed Electronics lines (think Viper, Python, Clifford, etc.) is Avital, they have a model 4003 that uses your factory FOB's.

I've installed a lot of remote auto electronics units over the years - everything Directed sells is virtually identical, the "Big Three" have to be installed by an authorized dealer unless you buy on ebay, but don't count on warranty help if you do it yourself. Their "off brands" ARE diy, and I've taken these different systems apart - they are all pretty much identical at the circuit board level, so it just depends on your choice of price point, and whether you want to DIY it or have it installed.

My question though is WHY do you want to use the factory fobs. You can interface a full remote start/door lock/and even security to the truck's system 100%, with the benefit of MUCH farther range (up to 1/4 mile), plus remotes are easily replaced and MUCH cheaper than replacing lost OE FOB's.

The Avital 4003 is a good product. PM me if you want more help or have questions. I'm not a retailer, but I have the research access to spec you out a system with whatever you are looking for.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.