Another 6.0 to 6.4 thread

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
So I reviewed all three pages of the conversion topic here. Seen some interesting thread. The thread asking this on page 3 had guys saying hell no don't do it, but it was from 2011. The thread asking this on page 1 was referring to doing it on a 7.3 and got a lot of positive feed back. Anyhow I have a 05 F250 that I blew the 6.0 in. I did some trading and buying and ended up with what I needed for a cummins swap. Then I got a 12v ve pump to put in it and ran out of time and money. Now I'm getting back around to the project. Now I am kinda on the fence about the cummins swap. I have considered going back to the 6.0( http://m.alibaba.com/product-free/109279981/03_07_6_0L_BLACK_MAMBA/productdetail.html ) or going to a 6.4. Obviously the 6.4 would be a better choice but what am I looking at needing? I can buy a complete 6.4, and I'm going to need the wiring harness, and what? Some guys said you even need the donor truck. Just looking for guidance here? Funny thing is I can get a performance 6.0 or 6.4 cheaper than a. 5.9 or 6.7.

Wayne

Reaction score
If your engine is blown you may consider buying a totaled 6.4, and swapping everything necessary over to it. I just picked up an '03 v10 excursion I plan on doing that to. You'll have everything you need from a donor truck. Be careful though as the firewall is significantly different where the downpipes goes. There appears to be more room on the engine side of the 6.4 firewall aside from all the a/c stuff. When you're done you should have a bunch of left over parts like axles, trans, t-case etc. to sell to help recover some costs.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
OK better question, I have a 6" lift, rims and 37s on my 05, you guys know if it will transfer over to an 08 6.4?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Its rough country or what ever. I'm looking at an 08 with 217k miles. Id rather put my axles under it since they only have 70k.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Gentlemen that's what the plan is. I'm going to take all my transferable aftermarket parts off my 05 and put them on this 08. It has 217k and the guy is asking 8500.00. 4x4 crew cab XL model. Think I will swap my axles and lift on to the 08. Plus I already have a 2010 bed and tailgate on my 05. Way I see it is I will have a 08 4x4 6.4 with 220k miles on the clock, 70k miles on both axles, and a new motor in it from performance machine mfg. Probably have about 16k in it. But I will have a lot of scit to sale.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Mods please close this thread. Gentle men I found a a 08 CC 4x4 6.4 with 217k miles for 8000.00. I'm just going to take swap the axles and suspension from the 05 to the 08. Then I'm buying a new motor from performance machine mfg. The buy some nicer interior. It sounds like a good plan to me. I'm sure I will be posting new threads asking more questions. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

Latest posts

Members online