transmission?

J-Tank

Reaction score
I got a 05 F-350 and everytime the transmission shift it feels like the tranny is falling out of the truck. Does anyone know what that might be

turbotibbo

Reaction score
do u no what shift it is . is it just shifting hard or is it slipping . a little more info ? is it the 3-5shift flair you are talking about? if it is there is a way to fix that

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Is it just flarying on the 3-5 Shift? If so chances are the directs are on their way out the door. Let me know a little more about what its doing and I'd be glad to help try and figure out what the problem is.

Thanks!

Jared

J-Tank

Reaction score
Jared it feels like the when it shifts it shifts so hard sometimes. It doe's not do everytime but when it does do it it shifts so hard it feels like someone is taking a sledge hammer and hitting my tranny. AS for the 3-5 shift no its really only happens between 2-3. Another thing it never seems to do it when your on the throttle on when your crusing through gears.

Reaction score
I never have used an edge so i dont know their shifting, but i have used different tuners for the sct and have had similar problems with the same shift... in my case idp has the only tunes via email that dont do the weird shifts.

Diesel23

Reaction score
J-Tank , When i first started out I tried running the EDGE , I have an 08 but same issues with the shifts ,super hard !! Never liked it ,so got rid of it !! It makes for a great gauge but not tuning , Good luck hopefully its not nothing major!!

J-Tank

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and at least I'm not the only one ill prob just take the edge off I never really liked it anyways

01PSD

Reaction score
Pretty sure I've heard that those who use Edge tuners go through trannies like water..

Could just be a tuning issue. Custom tuning is the way to go for these transmissions and engines.

Latest posts

Members online