My F-250 Ipad unit

cbly

Reaction score
109.jpg

115.jpg

Thought I would show my handy work, IPad in dash that sync's to my Alpine head unit, used a F--650 lower dash unit and relocated my Heater / AC controls, ditched the ash try cup holder , Installed a few toggles and made a place for my radar detector mute switch, Was a pain in the A%$ to get everything tofit, but the end results were satisfactory.

CBly

Last edited:

Cuznfab

Reaction score
Looks great, but I have to have my cupholders. Need a place to put my beer!

JD3020

Reaction score
That is pretty bitchin!

Now correct me if i'm wrong(i'm not an Apple guru), but aren't there apps and stuff out there on the market were you can basically turn your Ipad/Iphone into a scan tool or set of gauges? So in turn basically making that one big gauge panel?

jdc753

Reaction score
Looks great. Where the iPad mounts did you use some sort of existing dock when mocking up your mount? Like does it have a charger built in? How does it talk with the Alpine, through bluetooth or is it auxilary cable?

Looks like you had to loose the left AC vent too, good work smoothing it all over and refinishing it though, looks seamless in the pic.

Any chance you could take a quick measurement for me on the F650 panel? I wanna know how wide the flat area is on the upper section to the left, I might just ditch my lower dash piece instead of reworking it, I need to fit my heat/AC controls in the upper part and the HU in the lower like you have.

cbly

Reaction score
That is pretty bitchin!

Now correct me if i'm wrong(i'm not an Apple guru), but aren't there apps and stuff out there on the market were you can basically turn your Ipad/Iphone into a scan tool or set of gauges? So in turn basically making that one big gauge panel?

I got to check into that ,,,,, that would be awesome,,,,

cbly

Reaction score
Looks great. Where the iPad mounts did you use some sort of existing dock when mocking up your mount? Like does it have a charger built in? How does it talk with the Alpine, through bluetooth or is it auxilary cable?

Looks like you had to loose the left AC vent too, good work smoothing it all over and refinishing it though, looks seamless in the pic.

Any chance you could take a quick measurement for me on the F650 panel? I wanna know how wide the flat area is on the upper section to the left, I might just ditch my lower dash piece instead of reworking it, I need to fit my heat/AC controls in the upper part and the HU in the lower like you have.

I bought a 90 degree pass thru apple connection, so yes it does " plug in " so at the moment it connects via USB, so the unit doesn't charge,,,, later on I am going to connect it with a unit they call the I streamer which will allow it to plug in to the RCA jack,charge, and not blank the screen out on video.

The F-650 upper section is 7" x 2", To put your heater control there, you will have to trim something down a bit,

Hope that helped,

CBly

mortal798

Reaction score
I got to check into that ,,,,, that would be awesome,,,,

Here's the software, you have to buy the bluetooth adapter for like $110 and the app is free.

http://gopointtech.com/

The guy that started the company is an ex-Ford calibration engineer. He was working contract through Cosworth (now Mahle) and Ford refused to pick him up direct hire. He started his own company and he makes some pretty cool stuff.

Only problem I see with it is that it doesn't flip when you turn the iPad, so you would have to mount it vertical.

jdc753

Reaction score
I bought a 90 degree pass thru apple connection, so yes it does " plug in " so at the moment it connects via USB, so the unit doesn't charge,,,, later on I am going to connect it with a unit they call the I streamer which will allow it to plug in to the RCA jack,charge, and not blank the screen out on video.

The F-650 upper section is 7" x 2", To put your heater control there, you will have to trim something down a bit,

Hope that helped,

CBly

Very nice!! Do you have any construction photos for while the dash was getting constructed?

Thanks for the measurements. I have my controls where the little cubby/upfitter switches used to be. Gonna measure it up and see how much bigger is is than the 7"x2". Might save me having to completely re work my lower dash for round 2.

cbly

Reaction score
088.jpg

091.jpg

094.jpg

096.jpg

113.jpg

109.jpg

114.jpg

Thats about all I have, the toughest part was getting enough room for my deck in the lower F-650 dash piece, the back of the deck was reall close to the floor heater vent. Everything else pretty well relocated fairly easy. For the DIY folks, its just some fiberglass and Bondo work, I got the idea from Sound Man Audio, you can do a google search on him and all the components can be bought. THen like I said earlier, a Fiberglass, bondo, and a whol lotta want too.

CBly

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.