Batmowheel?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well I have been reading about this new thing, batmowheel. I see how it could pull more air cause of the shape of it. But will it hurt spool up and can they be adapted into current housings? Like a set of EDE HP's? Just curious.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
according to bullseye you have to buy a whole new charger to get the wheel, no wheel swaps

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Ahhhh, that answers that question. Damn, thought I could get close to a set of Max powers at a fraction of the price.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I dont know as i have seen a bat wheel that will out peform a precision turbo, but honestly they are an impressive turbo for sure, and the price is reasonable.

I also dont know if you can get a high flowing turbo set like high powers in a valley like that either,

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well what I was thinking was to put their wheel into my HP's. Just didn't know if that was possible.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
no my 71mm will be a vgt this altitude pretty much requires a vgt for a fun to drive truck

I dont think a non vgt set up is totally the answer... if you gate between stages it doesnt really matter

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I thought your were gonna run a vgt, for a daily driver I would think it better.

As for Aaron, I wouldn't be surprised to see a non vgt set up some time. At least for testing.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish a 6.4 would do a non vgt twin setup cough Aaron

be ready for some brutal spoolup issues. the top turbo will have to be tight as *** with stock heads.pius can do it, but that is another pony. if you start with wop's single its a good start.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
be ready for some brutal spoolup issues. the top turbo will have to be tight as *** with stock heads.pius can do it, but that is another pony. if you start with wop's single its a good start.

And even that turbo requires a wastegate on the top end, so i mean, thats basically like having a vgt anyway, but spool up is a little better. I decided to go with a vgt to make it spool. If i have to run two wastegates to make the big turbo really kick, fine no big deal, street driving 750+ hp is what im after.
I just dont want to sit on the line and light a charger, i want to stage, spool stage again and go. I watched way too many trucks take forever to spool, not fun.

Shawn is using a diverter valve to help spool similar sized turbos on 6.0s, i figured why not just use what is already there and available.

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Ya I think the beauty of the big turbo 6.4s is that they still have awesome throttle response! Definitely my favorite part of driving one.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
And even that turbo requires a wastegate on the top end, so i mean, thats basically like having a vgt anyway, but spool up is a little better. I decided to go with a vgt to make it spool. If i have to run two wastegates to make the big turbo really kick, fine no big deal, street driving 750+ hp is what im after.
I just dont want to sit on the line and light a charger, i want to stage, spool stage again and go. I watched way too many trucks take forever to spool, not fun.

Shawn is using a diverter valve to help spool similar sized turbos on 6.0s, i figured why not just use what is already there and available.

yeah diverter valve = cool.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Ok, what is the difference between a diverter valve and a wg? Does it plumb back into line to help build boost as a wg blows off excess?

Matt

Reaction score
A diverter valve is basically the exact opposite of a wastegaste. A wastegate is used to relieve drive pressure, while a diverter valve helps drive the turbo harder. Basically a flange with a flapper that closes off one volute on the exhaust side of your turbo. It redirects the exhaust gas to one part of the turbine wheel, driving it harder and helping it spool up. When you start off the flapper is closing off the one volute. Once you reach whatever boost level you have it set at, for example 5 psi, the flapper opens back up and gives exhaust to the whole turbine wheel like normal.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Where did u hear that lubeowner that would be awsome. I was gonna buy a powermax but I think ill wait to see how that wheel does