NEWEST ford flash&SCT update

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
well, due to a fried PCM I had to get the latest flash that came out 2 weeks ago.. needless to say there is no SCT device for it nor does IDP have tunes.

so I was going to start a thread to keep up the news that anyone hears and for the guys that have also-sadly-gotten the flash. Ted@IDP said they'll be on it, just waiting for SCT.

BFT

Reaction score
good deal! ill make this a sticky for any news that comes up for those that have the reflash or will get it.

08cdowns

Reaction score
Man that sucks bud. I got the first new flash back in april and never had any issues with it. I know others have expressed issues with over boost codes and horrible gas mileage but i never experienced any of that. Got erics updated tunes, finally, 3 weeks ago and runs like a champ no issues what so ever. i wish you the best of luck in the wait man. It was 4 months of stock garbage for me after warranty issues in january.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I'll stick with SCT. I wanna keep my input shaft intact :poke: JK LOL. I wont wait too long. Ted seemed to think it wouldnt take long.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
kem and spartan and the others dont actually use the new updates as part of the tuning like SCT does, i think the new changes to softwear would be good for us..

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
well i tried to get a hold of mike.. just by email though. i just am kind of tired of stock, and i know idp says next week... but i also know on the last flash it took like 4 months....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i think this go-around there were way less changes made so its probably not going to take them quiet as long to do, i welcome these changes as i hope we can prevent some melted engines

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I totally agree with welcoming the updates. and that this newest update was just for overboosting problems. so I'm gonna see where IDP is next week.

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
So should I be worried about the fact that my truck is at the dealership and i just finished ordering an sct for it? I'm having the truck just checked out and one thing they said the would do is the newest flash

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
So should I be worried about the fact that my truck is at the dealership and i just finished ordering an sct for it? I'm having the truck just checked out and one thing they said the would do is the newest flash

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
yep-they'll update the flash to the newest. I know IDP doesn't have tunes. but they said they might this week. KEM-mike said to send him some codes and he'd see if he could tune me, but I'm not with my truck currently.

Latest posts

Members online