Third gen Cummins injector swap

Jake

Reaction score
Does anybody in North Texas have the tools? Ae for the Cummins? I'm going to help a buddy with it. The install does not seem tough at all, just have not done it on one of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Trapper

Reaction score
It's easy just be careful with the wire nuts on topic the injectors. There freaking tight. Then don't over tighten then they will snap.

Jake

Reaction score
What about the tools to get the tubes in and out? Getting the injector out of the hole does not seem too bad without the tool. I have two to change here in the next couple weeks. He needs to get it plugged into the scanner again though he does not remember which injectors they were. I only have the ford package for AE

THANKS!!!

jkidd_39

Reaction score
IM driving ATM but ill get you a link for the injector tube puller this evening. Its like $8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
What about the tools to get the tubes in and out? Getting the injector out of the hole does not seem too bad without the tool. I have two to change here in the next couple weeks. He needs to get it plugged into the scanner again though he does not remember which injectors they were. I only have the ford package for AE

THANKS!!!

Take the injector lines off, unscrew the nut, pull the tube and pop the injector out

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Jake

Reaction score
I just don't want till f nothing up! I can't believe they don't have hydraulic lifters!!

Deputydog

Reaction score
Cummins injectors are about the easiest ones to replace. No special tool needed. Just unscrew the hold down nut on the tubes and they pop out. I would suggest replacing the tubes but if you don't, look the tip of the tube over closely.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
What year is the truck because in the 6.7 s you have to put the injectors in the same spots they came out of because they are programmed to each cylinder

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

Jake

Reaction score
It's a 5.9 3rd Gen I think it's an 05