If you were to upgrade your speakers...

Zaairman

Reaction score
What would you get/recommend? I'm wanting to put some better speakers in my DD Crown Vic. But, instead of spending coin on that, I'm thinking about swapping in the 6x8 Pioneer TSD680 from the truck to the car. They'll be run off my Alpine IVA-W200. I don't want to add an amp. I'm not opposed to components up front, but I don't want to break the bank either. I've seen the Focals and while they look nice, are the less expensive ones still good?

Emery19

Reaction score
well i have pioneers in my ranger. and the stereo in the super duty is stock. but i think that is pioneer parts isnt it? it sounds better then the bose in my dad's yukon. the ranger sounded better when it was accented by the sub, but once that was stolen it just sounds relatively better then stock. but my pioneers were affordable

doubledee715

Reaction score
I put some Memphis brand speakers up front and they were much louder than the Kicker ones I had. Although i'm using a 4-ch amp also.

but I would recommend them everyday of the week, I think they were $140 installed w/1yr warranty.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Memphis M class is good bang for the buck. Whatever you put in remember they will sound better over time. They'll need to break in so push them hard after install.

Zaairman

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the Focal 165 A1? Reading the reviews on Sonicelectronix seem the speakers are hit or miss...

Last edited:

cw96stroker

Reaction score
You may just have to go with what you think you will like best, try em out and see what you think. Everyone has their own opinions on what they think sounds best to them.

stoker91

Reaction score
FOCAL depends on how much you want to spend and what your going for,if i had to do it over it would be focal with L7 subs and a arc amps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.