Drag Race / Meet & Greet in NE Ohio

crzycowboy

Reaction score
We are thinking about sponsoring a diesel class / meet and greet at Thompson Raceway Park

(Welcome to the ThompsonRacewayPark.com!).

We will work out more details, shortly, but for now we have a couple of options. Show up for the day paying the standard $35 entry fee, and you would run with the standard classes…with gassers. Or…the second option, if we get enough of an interest, we may be able to have an all diesel index class…or other classes. I might even be able to see about getting some local establishments to help chip in for a purse even. The date we plan on having this event is Saturday August 11th, and there are even Jr dragsters racing the following Sunday you could stick around and watch if you wanted. Jeff “Stingpuller” Dean will be on hand with his Powerflow sponsored Duramax Diesel dragster making exhibition passes…unless Mr. Scheid wants to come out with his Cummins powered dragster and play too…

If anyone is interested in helping with organizing this event, and or anyone would like to help sponsor a class or classes for just the diesel trucks to run, please PM me. So…what do you say…any takers??

crzycowboy

Reaction score
We'll help. Let me know what you need to make it work.

Cool...I'll need help with just getting the word out. I have a few local shops around here. I'll probably throw together a flier...so passing them around too. If you know of any companies that may want to help chip in for a diesel only index class...that would be cool too.

Basically anything you can do to help would be awesome.

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Here it is:

ThompsonFlierAugust11th3.jpg

If you can make it on out, come out and have fun running the All Diesel Bracket class! And meet Jeff Dean, and check out his awesome dragster.

I also have a sponsor for the quickest RT: TI Dyno has donated to the person who has the quickest RT from the day will get $50 cash, and a 2 hour dyno voucher!!

I'm still lookin for sponsors for the "Quickest ET", "Fastest MPH", and "Best Package"! I'll keep the threads up to date with info as I get them.

Hope to see you guys out there!!

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Well it got REAL damp there at Thompson this past Saturday. The good news is...they track will allow the all diesel bracket class back at another Saturday event, and if Jeff is able, he is free to come back as well, and make some more exhibition passes too!

Jeff only got 2 passes in this past Saturday...1 @ 1/4mile, and due to high cross winds...the track changed to 1/8 mile passes. Here is his 1/4mile pass, you can see the dragster get a little loose on him, so he lifted. He did put down a 5.00 @ 1/8...so he was moving pretty good before he had to let up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwH9EP2wtEg&feature=share

Once I get the rain date set, I'll let everyone know...

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Rain Date SET! : Sept. 22nd

Well we got the rain date set for the ALL DIESEL ET Class! Come on out on Saturday Sept. 22nd 2012, and run in the ALL Diesel class. Jeff Dean will be there with the Powerflow sponsored dragster, so if you missed it the first time due to the weather, now is your chance to come on out and race...and see the dragster too!! Hope to see ya'll there....

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Are you having a dyno the 22nd?

Sorry... We will not have a dyno there. We have a couple local dyno shops that are in the area, TI Dyno being one of them. They have their annual Rocktoberfest Diesel Dyno Day coming up next month.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Sorry... We will not have a dyno there. We have a couple local dyno shops that are in the area, TI Dyno being one of them. They have their annual Rocktoberfest Diesel Dyno Day coming up next month.

I think my work schedule is going to work out so unless there is a change, I plan on attending. My truck aint gonna win no dyno contest, I am just looking forward seeing what she will throw down.

crzycowboy

Reaction score
I think my work schedule is going to work out so unless there is a change, I plan on attending. My truck aint gonna win no dyno contest, I am just looking forward seeing what she will throw down.

Sounds good. See ya there!

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day! Hope to see some of you out there. Hoping to have a strong showing of trucks, because I'd like to do a point series next year maybe. Open pits, so you'll be able to check out the dragster too! Come on out, and stop by!

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Well once again...rain...

Track didn't even open. Kinda pissed they didn't call me to tell me it was called due to rain...

Anyways...a SPECIAL thanks to Jeff Dean for making the trip up anyways. Sorry it rained out again, but was good to see you and Doug again!

crzycowboy

Reaction score
It gonna be rescheduled?

It will have to wait until next year. The track will only be open a few more weekends (weather permitted) and I'm really irritated with the track manager. When you don't call a sponsor of the day that you called the race...just is a bad show.

I will post something here if something changes...but I don't see that happening this year.