PCS tips tricks and how to

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I was on the phone with Brian at BTS earlier today and he was encouraging me to learn the ins and outs of the pcs system when I get my truck back

I know some guys on here use it and use it well...any tips for a new guy when it comes to using that system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I was on the phone with Brian at BTS earlier today and he was encouraging me to learn the ins and outs of the pcs system when I get my truck back

I know some guys on here use it and use it well...any tips for a new guy when it comes to using that system

oh boy

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Why oh boy? Just asking If there's some things that shouldn't be touched on the system that could cause big problems in the trans

My bad for trying to learn something on my own truck

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Why oh boy? Just asking If there's some things that shouldn't be touched on the system that could cause big problems in the trans

My bad for trying to learn something on my own truck

Easy shooter. Those things can be tricky. Whatever you do don't put it in allison mode.

NotStock

Reaction score
Im running a PCS on my Cummins/4R100. Not too hard to work with. Just start on the lightest/softest side of things and work your way from there. Took me a little bit but its pretty close for now. At least until I can get someone to tune it to where I want. Then I will play with it some more.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Well I'm having innovative tune it but I'd like to be able to understand it to make tweaks as time goes on

NotStock

Reaction score
There boxes are pretty simple really. I would try and mount it somewhere that is accessible from inside the came. I put mine in the glove box. It makes for easy adjustments on the fly.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
What do you want to know ?

Really, the main one not to tough is the Gear and Selenoid table. You will have to input some info for it to read rpms properly on more then just the motor, turbine speed output shaft speed etc.
Other then that its **** simple for the most part.

Half the stuff you dont need on actually drive the truck everyday, they are just add ons to fine tune or moniter even more, or.... Complicate things lol.
I would recommend starting your line pressure vs load DC at less then 45% on a built trans, dont go any higher then 60%. Mine is 38% at 0% TPS and gets lower as throttle increases.

I actually posted quite a few screen shots of the pcs system in the Tuning thread in the 7.3 section. I showed the main adjustment parameters.

Latest posts

Members online