Anyone ever deal with Recon headlights? Found these.

AllanB

Reaction score

AllanB

Reaction score
Thought I would bump this one time just to see if anyone has dealt with them. I still like the OEM HD headlights, but these are cheaper.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I don't think I would trust their headlights. My taillights both got moisture in them. Had to dry them both out and seal them around the edge

alwil

Reaction score
I had a little fender bender in my 08 supercab and damaged a headlight. I was looking at getting a set of OEM HD headlights to replace them. Then I saw these. Just wondering if any of you Superduty owners have ever dealt with Recon headlights and if not, would you trust them to make a decent light. Also what do y'all think about them?

http://www.carid.com/2008-ford-f-250-headlights/recon-projector-headlights-318125.html

I was looking at that same brand when I was thinking about getting some for my 06, they are costly and not any better quality than the eBay ones from what I have seen and heard.
In fact you can probably go on eBay and find identical lights for less money

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

AllanB

Reaction score
Their brake lights won't stay lit, imagine how their headlights will be LOL

Haha, yeah that might not end so well.
Alright guys thanks for the replies. That is what I wanted to know if anyone had used any of their products and how it came out. I think I will stick with the OEM HD lights

Snake

Reaction score
Wise choice. A lot of people are less than happy with the Recon stuff they've bought.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I'm not so happy with the recons on my dmax either. Have dried the tail lights out and sealed them up and re soldered wires myself so they are alright now, but headlights still get moisture and pattern stinks. My fender lights and cab an brake lights are still goin strong (cross fingers). Wouldnt do recon again though. Anyone try Anzo?
http://www.xtremediesel.com/anzochevroletsilveradoprojectorwithhaloblack111107.aspx

Maybe they are better, I may try some if i do some research and dont find too many bad things as a last attempt at aftermarket headlights. If not I will just get OEM and mod them how I want them.

Last edited:

alwil

Reaction score
I'm not so happy with the recons on my dmax either. Have dried the tail lights out and sealed them up and re soldered wires myself so they are alright now, but headlights still get moisture and pattern stinks. My fender lights and cab an brake lights are still goin strong (cross fingers). Wouldnt do recon again though. Anyone try Anzo?

too many bad things as a last attempt at aftermarket headlights. If not I will just get OEM and mod them how I want them.

I think these are the same ones , for a better price. Cant get link to work have to copy and paste.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/07-10-Chevy-Silverado-Dual-Twin-CCFL-Halo-Projector-LED-Black-Headlights-Lamps-/400271684874?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d320d350a

Last edited:

cw96stroker

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.