Odessa Tx diesel world?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Just got promoted and my company is moving me to Odessa Texas . I have no idea about the area and don't know any one there. Everyone says there's nothing to do there except hunt and fish. That's perfect for me. The only thing I need other then that is some sled pulling a dyno and a drag strip. Any pointers gentlemen?

Viking

Reaction score
Sry but when I would visit family I didnt see any. usually they drink for fun. I will ask and get back to you.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
There is a 1/4 mile at penwell it's west of Odessa they just opened it back up this year, I know of a dyno here in midland also...

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I just got this 6.4 and havent turned a bolt on it yet. I wanna strap it down before I start adding power. The drag stip for me is just easy harmless fun. lol I'd like to think I dont break nearly as much scit on the strip as I do pulling the damn sled. lol Now that I know theres a strip and dyno I am pretty excited. I have access to an outlaw sled, so getting a pulling event up there isnt going to be a problem.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
There are a few guys out in the area that pull in the tttpa competition with diesels... The closest pull they have had out here was at big lake last year, I think it would be a great turnout "spectator wise" if could find a spot to have one here!

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I went to a lot of the TTTPA pulls in 2010-11. They run a solid event. Then again I have a bias opinion because one of the trucks we were runing won every work stock event we went to. lol We had a blast. I love sled pulling, but its only in select areas of Texas. I thought about holding my own event in Central Texas last year, but my company moved me to Houston a year ago today, and now I am moving to Odessa in a few weeks. lol I had a few sponsors well known sponsors, and some shops, but I doubt they would be willing to travel to the other side of Texas for an event. lol

BOHICA256

Reaction score
There is a 1/4 mile at penwell it's west of Odessa they just opened it back up this year, I know of a dyno here in midland also...
Where is the dyno? I live in Waco for college but from Midland originally. I go back and fourth a lot. But I'm trying to find a shop that will put in the bulletproofing parts I have and also Warren's 190/75.. I have talked to one shop in Odessa and 2 shops in Waco and one in Houston now and they wont put in the stuff I have...
egr delete, studs, gaskets, new oil cooler, injectors, and airdog fuel system

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Talk to 7.3powerstroke00. He doesnt own a shop but he is a diesel mechanic here in Midland and might be able to install your parts. IDK for sure, but since he is subscribed on this thread, im sure he will chime in. He has been here longer than me, so if he cant do it he might know where it can be done.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Okay sweet! I might just have to make a trip home to see the family that weekend!

Do you know of anyone that would put those parts in for me either? I have a friend back in Midland that has tried to get ahold of a mechanic that does that stuff on the side but its been almost a week and havn't heard from him so im guessing he doesnt want to do it.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
The only shop out here I know of that works on a lot of 6 oh's is Lone Star Automotive.... But they are usually several days behind, I don't have a shop to do the work in so it would be hard to keep everything clean.....

Latest posts

Members online