Odessa/New Mexico Diesel world?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Just got promoted and my company is moving me to Odessa Texas . I have no idea about the area and don't know any one there. Everyone says there's nothing to do there except hunt and fish. That's perfect for me. The only thing I need other then that is some sled pulling a dyno and a drag strip. Any pointers gentlemen? I am willing to travel to New Mexico if needed to get in to a diesel event.

Crack85

Reaction score
Just got promoted and my company is moving me to Odessa Texas . I have no idea about the area and don't know any one there. Everyone says there's nothing to do there except hunt and fish. That's perfect for me. The only thing I need other then that is some sled pulling a dyno and a drag strip. Any pointers gentlemen? I am willing to travel to New Mexico if needed to get in to a diesel event.

Lmao. Who fooled you about hunting and fishing. There isn't a lake here for 3 hrs away. Probably closest place to hunt is in junction which is 2.5 he's away. Sled pulling haven't heard of any out here. New Mexico probably be ur best bet. Been living in area for about 2 yrs.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
LOL Well for the money I am making with this promotion I couldnt say no. I was keeping my fingers crossed on the hunting and fishing side of it. Been told by a few folks there isnt scit to do at all except for that. Oh well if there isnt. 3 hour drive just to get to the lake is going to suck a$$.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Yeah New Mexico is a little bit of a haul from Odessa.......I know there isn't much out there except oil, gas, beer, and great looking farm girls. More diesel events take place in Dallas than out west here

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Yes sir I have heard the same thing. Well I know their is a dyno in midland, and a drag strip not to far from the area. That is enough for me to get the diesel events going in west Texas. Then again with nothing else to do, it will give me time to really get focused on my drag truck project. lol

PSD715

Reaction score
They have some pulls in cruces and Roswell somewhat consistently, and supposedly deming. But I feel like that's just ppl talking about the ones in cruces. But that's a kinda long haul from midland

Reaction score
There is going to be a tuff truck challenge @ albuquerque dragway on June 29th. There will be a a lot diesels there from all over the area.

PSD715

Reaction score
My truck won't be together yet :doh:
And the only thing I can find out about the pulls is the ones in roswell are during the fair, and that the ones everyone said were in Cruses actually are in deming. If that's true, I know a guy that would know how to find out when. I just gotta get a hold of him.

Latest posts

Members online