Aftermarket sub in 2012 lariat Supercab

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
So I ordered an aftermarket JL sub and amp to replace the factory one that came in my truck. I don't want to change the head unit etc, just the sub. So I pulled out the factory box today from under the seat and discovered a little silver amp that powers the factory sub. My question is this. I wanted to just run RCAs off of the factory sub wires and into my new amp etc. but now it looks like I will have to incorporate that little amp because it has a big harness going into it, and then two positive and two negative wires leaving it (the wires I will tap into for my new sub) does this all sound right? I can post pics if needed.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I kept the little amp in use and ran the wires from it into my inputs on my amp. Worked perfectly. I am running 1 10w7 JL with a 1000w amp. Sounds awesome

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Here is a quick picture. I just folded up my third seat bottom and did a little fabrication on the steel brackets for the seat. Couldn't fit any better.
IMG_8617.jpg

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Haha yeah it gets after it pretty good. I am extremely picky and paranoid when it comes to my truck and JL recommends a pretty long break in period or the sub so I have yet to crank it to its full potential. But so far it has already given me more bass than I need and the control nob is only halfway lol

Rupp250

Reaction score
If you need to break in a sub, you need to buy something else. Put it in and crank away.

Strokerguy

Reaction score
For those that want to use their backseat there's another option. I'm runnin the Pro-Box 8" and it hits real good. I'm using a 500 watt Fosgate (gain turned down) on it. The box is ported, and is the width of the cab. For one 8, I'm very impressed. Not my first system either... I plan on upgrading the door speakers soon.

Members online

No members online now.