B&W Hitch PICS Needed

Cody

Reaction score
can anyone with a 99-07 take a couple pictures of their side plates of their B&W turn overs, im trying to figure out what bolt holes to use ECT, the install instructions i found online sucked.. thanks in advance guys!

powr2stroke

Reaction score
No pics but i will try to get some for you tomorrow .
Once you find the center point in the bed for the 4"hole and drill it , then notch the pinch weld on the drivers side to slip the rails in and then mount the center section . It really is pretty obvious what hole your going to use on the frame . IIRC its the 2 large oval holes on either side . you'll need to take E-brake hook loose from the frame then attach it to the frame plate before you tighten all down .
It's really pretty simple , take a 2x4 and lay it across the bedrails and pull the center section up with a ratchet strap and and snug it down , then go under the truck and start bolting the rails , side plates and frame hooks together.

oldbluef250

Reaction score
You dont always have to notch the pinch welds. It depends what year you have. With your 2000, you shouldnt have to. I just did one two weeks ago on a 00 and I didnt have to. There is only one bolt that acutally goes through the frame on each side iirc. It is the biggest bolt that comes in the kit, and the hole you use on the frame is about center on the frame, and its is slotted.

Cody

Reaction score
I saw something about "cclamps" in the instructions, but I watched a couple videos on YouTube that never showed them, and I bought this hitch used off a member on here..

And about not having to cut the rail, I'm rocking a 2011 bed haha

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
All that's been posted so far on installation seems pretty spot on. Once you start holding the parts into place its rather self explanatory.

Here's a crappy picture I just found on google real quick. Looks like this guy bolted an air bag mount on top of the B&W plate. Anyway, you can see in the middle of the plate there's one big bolt that goes through the frame. In the picture, on the left end of the plate you can see the "C" clamps. At one end of the "C" clamp there's a stud, and the other a hole. These go around the frame, the stud goes through the top of the plate (the plate that mounts on the outside of the frame rail), and the end of the "C" clamp with the hole gets bolted to the bottom side of the plate. Hope that helps.
IMG00037-20110506-1246.jpg

Latest posts

Members online