7.3 Under the hood Dress up project

cbly

Reaction score
Need Idea's,,,,,, post up some pics of what you have done to clean or dress up under your hood,

This is what I have done so far, give me some ideas for the next step,
5c409a00.jpg

c4f1dbff.jpg

db309d90.jpg

7a9f228e.jpg

Thanks,

CBly

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Spray paint or powder Coat ic pipes.
Here's one pic after I painted it I'll take a pic and post what it looks like under the hood.
031.jpg

Patrick

cbly

Reaction score
My ic pipes are powder coated grey,,,,, installed a Banks inner cooler,,, thought about painting but didn't know how well it would hold up over the powdercoat, think I am gonna leave them grey.

Thanks,

Cory S

Reaction score
i would definatley loose the stickers! im just not a fan of any sticker! but performance mods always dress up a motor like a fuel bowl delete with RR a t4 mount stuff like that

ToMang07

Reaction score
i would definatley loose the stickers! im just not a fan of any sticker! but performance mods always dress up a motor like a fuel bowl delete with RR a t4 mount stuff like that

You kidding?

The banks sticker alone is good for 150 hp.... the flames for another 50. The Summit is only good for 15 tho.

cbly

Reaction score
You kidding?

The banks sticker alone is good for 150 hp.... the flames for another 50. The Summit is only good for 15 tho.

Really,,,,,,,,,,,,, Guess I should expect that from some,,,,,, and for my next mod, I can get the fold out Dodge mirrors for an added 250 hp right,,,,,,,,,,

Cummins grill emblem = 100hp,,,,,,

I was really looking for Idea's

ToMang07

Reaction score
Really,,,,,,,,,,,,, Guess I should expect that from some,,,,,, and for my next mod, I can get the fold out Dodge mirrors for an added 250 hp right,,,,,,,,,,

Cummins grill emblem = 100hp,,,,,,

I was really looking for Idea's

Dodge mirrors actually -50hp each time you flip one up. :lookaround:

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'm with Cory on this one. Lose the banks and bully dog stickers. Your rig is too nice looking to have that crap plastered on the side and under the hood!

As for their I/C, its a good product. I like to OBS engine cover all painted up like that! I had no idea that it'd even fit under a SD hood. Kinda makes it look like a "shaker" hood.

Did you custom make the coolant overflow bottle? That's a nice piece.

Strokersace

Reaction score
As for my engine compartment currently:

Valve covers are Linex'd and then painted with Engine Enamel Red. All pipes and brackets, turbo compressor, spider, plenums, and valley all painted with Engine Enamel Aluminum. Everything else is painted in the black.

Down the road when I upgrade turbos, I am going to have the turbo, i/c pipes, intake 'y', etc all ceramic coated the shiney aluminum/chrome color. Going to redo my fuel lines on the RR kit to be braided stainless, changing all the i/c and plenum boots to red ones.

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
Definitely lose those banks and bd stickers please tell me you still don't got that in your truck..

Sent from somewhere between the middle of the corn field

V-Ref

Reaction score
As for my engine compartment currently:

Valve covers are Linex'd and then painted with Engine Enamel Red. All pipes and brackets, turbo compressor, spider, plenums, and valley all painted with Engine Enamel Aluminum. Everything else is painted in the black.

Down the road when I upgrade turbos, I am going to have the turbo, i/c pipes, intake 'y', etc all ceramic coated the shiney aluminum/chrome color. Going to redo my fuel lines on the RR kit to be braided stainless, changing all the i/c and plenum boots to red ones.

Looks sharp! You've got some time invested there......it paid off too! :bowfast:

Strokersace

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It isn't nearly as nice looking after 8 months and 20K miles. Those pics were taken last fall right after I got everything installed. Doesn't look near as pretty now. But it will again at some point!

Copracr

Reaction score
I see some incredible engines on this thread. It really isn't worth the time to do that around NE ohio cause all the salt would ruin it in a year or two. Pisses me off every winter seeing them drop thatstuff on the roads.

Oh well, i'm enjoying the sunshine right now.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Another thing you could do is polish your alternator and compressor housing on your turbo...

Would add some class!!!

Latest posts

Members online