Excursion to truck?

ACFarmer

Reaction score
Wife just bought a 01 ex. I was wondering if the downpipe from a truck would fit on this thing? I have a brand new 4 inch downpipe laying here that was for an 01 truck and enough 4 inch exhaust to piece one together for it. Also have an older computer chip laying here that came off an 01. Was wondering if it would work for now until she can afford custom tunes for it? Need to get a little more mpg out of it.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Not sure on the dp but as far as the chip goes it depends on the computer code it was programmed for.... Unless its new enough to be a 4 bank chip....

BK39

Reaction score
You should be good on the DP, I've been there, done that. Swapped exhaust when I bought my Excursion. Went from 02 F250 to 02 Excursion, no issues.

ACFarmer

Reaction score
You should be good on the DP, I've been there, done that. Swapped exhaust when I bought my Excursion. Went from 02 F250 to 02 Excursion, no issues.

Good to know! Chip is the old style that just plugs into the computer, no changing it.

Copracr

Reaction score
I did that 4" exhaust swap and was good from the motor to about where the muffler would be. From there I shot out in fromt of the rear wheel cause there was no kinda room to go over the axle

ACFarmer

Reaction score
I did that 4" exhaust swap and was good from the motor to about where the muffler would be. From there I shot out in fromt of the rear wheel cause there was no kinda room to go over the axle

Yeah, it took alot of cutting and welding but I got it in there.

Latest posts

Members online