Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

TrickTruck

Reaction score
OMG I have absolutely hated the ding dong in my truck since day 1. Seat belts, keys in the ignition and all kinds of other racket. I can't tell you how many fishing expeditions I've been on with my hands up in the dash. To no luck.

So yesterday while I was already doing an install (that's another subject) I decided now was the time to find the ding dong.

Today I have tools and I'm going digging
F350DingDong1.jpg

FOUND IT! It's in the cluster (that's the gauges for those of you who don't know.)
F350DingDong2.jpg

Step 2 is to take the cover off, that means all those phillips screws. And sure enough, there's that little buzzer in the upper right corner.
F350DingDong3.jpg

Perform a little surgery with your favorite side cutters or cutting device of your choice on the plastic speaker holder until you expose the pins.
F350DingDong4.jpg

Now comes the choice, do you remove entirely or would you like to rig up some sort of switch. If it's a switch you are wanting, it's time for you to take over on this project. For me, I have no desire to hear that darn thing ever again.
If you are like me, take your snips and cut those two pins. Toss the buzzer as far as you would like.
F350DingDong5.jpg

A simple reversal of the process of dissassembly and you've got your truck back together, except, that darn yappy Witch is silent.
Ahhhh, peaceful.

So what did we lose? Only thing I can think of is the backup alarm, but that comes thru the stereo so we don't lose that.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
my buddy just pulled the fues to his, and the seat belt and key in ignition buzzer is now in active

but this is a very good write up and would be well worth doing, i hate the damn seat belt and key in ignition buzzer myself. only put up with it as a reminder to get my keys or put my seat belt on

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think you can turn the seat belt minder off from the screen in the dash. Thats one of the first things I did to my truck since its anyoing if I am just driving around the lot. I always take my keys out and put them in the cup holder just so I dont have to listen to the Ding Dong.

Good write up

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Having lived with it a while now I can say I'm quite happy. Only thing missing is the turn signal clicker and I don't really miss it.

On that same note, when the pig was in the shop last time they rented me a Murano. I noticed it had no turnsignal sound either. That or it's really quiet and I'm half deaf.

Nic

Reaction score
not sure about these new ones but in my 06 work truck, i just went in the door end where it meets the cab in the rubber protector, pushed it back, cut the 2 door wires and spliced them together..fixed the door dinging as it thinks its shut. For the seat belt, i just cut the ground wire. Done. Not sure how the safety features relate to these, but seems much simpler going through the door as to thats what trips the key alarm as well. you wouldnt have a dome light upon opening the door, just would have to use the dome switch if needed.

fordman2121

Reaction score
On the older trucks the key in minder is a simple switch in/on the lock cyinder, it can be pulled out and tapped up to eliminate it. But not 100% on the 11 and up.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I know in the 99-03 7.3s you can just push the seat belt button where the seat belt clicks into and it think you put your seat belt on

CATDiezel

Reaction score
orrrrrr.

If you read the manual you can turn the ding dong off for seat belt!! Simple enough and its in your owners manual of your $50,000 truck. Free and simple

TrickTruck

Reaction score
My method was free and simple too and it eliminated all the annoying beeps and buzzes, not just the seatbelt.
I don't miss them at all.

But to each his own.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Y'all are way over-intimidated by this. It was very easy. Most of the dash is pop-lock stuff. What's not pop-lock is a little screw.

I'll bet if you took your time and went real slow it wouldn't take an hour.