Need Interior Color Name ASAP

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
take it to your local paint shop. the shop that supplies all the local auto body shops. they will color match it in the book, and can set you up with a vinyl dye on the spot.

i got a half pint of medium graphite, for like $12, and a aerosol can over a jar for about $10, and its enough to do the whole dash. paint, dump remaining back into the can, clean up spray can jar with some carb cleaner or other cleaner, spray some through the tip, its ready for next time.

unless your interior is brand new, it is faded. you might not think so, but it is. if you look close when your done, it will not match. brown maybe different than gray, but mine didnt match.

Attachments

• dye.jpg
    dye.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 39

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you take the white off the glass jar. pour your paint in the jar. put the can back on jar. spray paint your project. clean up spray can. inside the can is pressurized aerosol. when you spray it creates a vacuum in the tube and sux the paint out of the jar.

instead of having a left over full spray can from a project where i needed 2 oz's, i got that little aerosol can. when i got my guage pod, i went to the auto body shop, had them mix me 3 oz's of dye, and left. cost me about $3, as i already had a tin can for the paint. or you can buy a whole spray can of dye for $20+, and let is sit on the shelf to probably never get used again.

that thing is awesome. go to the paint shop, color match ANYTHING, and you can spray it on, using only what you need. i mean, how many extra rattle cans do you have laying around from past projects? or how many have you thrown away for bein old, or didnt spray worth a damn any more, or lost the aerosol on the inside altogether.

obviously its not for larger projects. patio furniture for instance. but to touch up that furniture, or smaller projects, it rules. i did my guage pod, my grill lid for my gas grill, and touched up some headers for my buddies bbc, all about 20 mins apart from each other, with that little spray can.

helps i got a real good paint shop also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.