Double din in 03?

Donovan

Reaction score
Has anyone put a double din into their 99-07 truck? If so how hard was it to do the dash modification that I have heard about?

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I have in my 04 which is the same I believe. Couple of minutes with the dremel and it fit right in. when you have the dash and double din right in front of you, it is easy to see what needs to be trimmed. IMO hardest part was removing the dash.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Agjake11

Reaction score
yup, had one in my stock 04 dash before i swapped it.

just a little dremel work and the right dash kit

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-95-5817-Installation-1995-2008-Vehicles/dp/B0024L8I02

42c1e89f.jpg

Donovan

Reaction score
Alright that's not too bad then. From some of the things I have read, I thought it was going to be a pain. What made the dash the hardest part for you?

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Alright that's not too bad then. From some of the things I have read, I thought it was going to be a pain. What made the dash the hardest part for you?

It really wasn't "hard" to remove the dash. But at the time it was my first time doing so, each clip i pulled off it sounded like i broke something. Reaching the clips to remove the headlight switch were a little bit of a pain as well. Like it was said, with a dremel and the right install kit, its very straight forward and not bad at all.

Edit: I actually used a different kit than Jake, but had to modify mine as it was not the correct one. I had a friend get in the truck the other day asking where i got mine and what kit it was(dont remember). But he was saying that the only thing that he did not like about his was that it was recessed in the dash a little and liked that mine was flush.

Last edited:

Donovan

Reaction score
Alright that makes sense then. So the kit that is made for the truck makes be a little recessed into the dash?

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.

Reaction score
take pics as each step you do for the install. then post it up here so others can follow the method.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Is this an 03/04 only thing? I put a double din into my 06 with just the kit that came from crutchfield, didn't have to modify anything.

Latest posts

Members online