Quick Turbo question

Petro

Reaction score
Will the exhaust houseing that connects to the downpipe from an obs turbo bolt onto a SD turbo? I would just look myself but i dont have access to my SD turbo at the moment and i kinda need to know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dillon

Tom S

Reaction score
The flanges are different. I adapted to a SD style turbo by welding a SD flange onto a OBS downpipe.

Petro

Reaction score
Alright then it sound like i need to find a SD exhaust flange, i beleive the turbo i have is missing that piece

superduty4x4

Reaction score
The flanges are different. I adapted to a SD style turbo by welding a SD flange onto a OBS downpipe.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think since the SD turbo is wastegated the downpipe flange portion that is removeable on both turbos is a different shape. That would require changing the entire turbine housing and the up-pipes since the collector is different.

Petro

Reaction score
i think ill just change the top portion of the downpipe in order to fit the newer turbo, do a little cutting and wleding, i think i can handle that little detail

Tom S

Reaction score
You do realize the collector is different as are the pedistals?

Petro

Reaction score
Ya i do, at the moment i have the engine all put together and painted up just waiting to go back in. Waitin on a throw out bearing to come in beofre i put it back together

Latest posts

Members online