Does anybody else have this issue??

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Ok so the family business bought a fully loaded cab and chassis F-550.

It SUCKS!! It has ZERO balls and barely pulls 25k lbs at like 70... all while getting 4.2 MPGS!!!!

Does anybody else have this problem? I know the cab and chassis trucks are detuned in comparrison to the regular 6.7's and that they only have the single turbo vs the dual one... but holy crap! Is this normal?

Also, now that my dad actually drove it he realized how much it sucks and has asked me to figure out if its the norm. And if so would doing the full DPF/Urea delete and some tuning actually help anything?

He really wanted to keep it stock for warranty reasons but if it's gonna be like this he'd rather open it up.

Thanks for any help!!

bad12jr

Reaction score
I agree with what I've seen for the c&c dropping valves and turbos I wouldn't wanna chance the warranty.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Spatel23

Reaction score
I test drove a c&c yesterday and I have to agree, they are dogs. That thing wouldn't get out of its own way.
Horrible horrible acceleration, I have no idea why they felt the need to detune the truck 100hp but it shows.
Took a F350 dually for a drive next and all was well. Gotta have one. SRW of course.

vcassens

Reaction score
Are all c&c trucks like this or just 450 and 550? The reason I ask is my uncle just ordered a 350 c&c

eastern

Reaction score
I was told all cab and chassis are detuned and having low gears are not helping mpg. I think if you get a f450 with body it is not detuned. This is how I bought my new F350 utility just had them take the body of and got $1500 for it. Deleted it and runs great.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Seems like I read someone put the 250/350 turbo on a CC truck. I can't remember where I saw the thread, but I'm pretty sure it's been done.

Personally I think throttle response is the truck's real issue. The power doesn't come on for a long time, then it hits hard. For pulling out in busy traffic this is rough, especially on the rear tires.

What little I've towed with it hasn't been noticed back there. I can feel it when braking, but there's so much power on tap that pulling is no issue.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
I know its apples to oranges, but my buddy had a c&c cc f450 4x4 7.3 truck, and it ran about like a stock 7.3 truck pulling 7k lbs. Even when empty..and got horrible mileage...you woukd think that gearing could overcome the lack of power, but I guess its a cab and chassis issue.

jjmachine

Reaction score
We just received our 2012 f450 with a normal pick up body and it tows great gets 12.5 mpg towing 20 k and gets 15.3 not towing. Interstate driving is not great with the 4.33 gears though this is with 1500 miles on the truck so far.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Hmm, my 2012 F450 DRW empty still only gets about 13mpg, havent towed anything heavy yet. Not sure I can afford the fuel.

Latest posts

Members online