B99...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Forgot how much this stuff smells...

Been running it for a little over a week now, been about 5-7 years since I was able to get it.

Little more smoke at idle, little less at speed. Maybe a 5-7hp loss. Much quieter injection wise.

$3.99 a gallon right now. Might bring the flatbed up and get a load of "Off-Road" in the tank... LOL

B20 was only $3.89 a gallon!

JD3020

Reaction score
I've ran a good bit of B99 through my truck this summer and last summer, and our LB7 D-max with 200k mile injectors has ran it since spring time. But where we get it from, on-road is usually 30-40 cents cheaper, and then off-road is close to a dollar cheaper. And my truck is so freaking quiet and smooth when its on B99, its amazing!

fordman2121

Reaction score
biodiesel is great stuff. Its all my 7.3 and 6.4 see untill the winter....Ok I take that back my 7.3 also sees alot of waste oils. Also it seems like mixing about 20% diesel or waste oils in makes it run the best HP wise and mpgs.

JD3020

Reaction score
Found out that b100 smokes like crazy when its getting sprayed at your charger and and exhaust while going down the road. LOL Finally got it running today and started freaking out cause i ran it hard for a short 1/8 mile run and parked in the driveway and saw blueish smoke rolling by the passenger side of the truck. Ran over and realized it was just burning off what was left on the exhaust.

But here its now up to $3.70 a gallon, while diesel can be found around $3.75, prolly gonna make the switch back to #2 for the rest of the year soon.

mortal798

Reaction score
I wish there was a place near me to get B99. I've used B20, but other than that it's always been good old #2.

JD3020

Reaction score
I've been seeing diesel everywhere around here for $4+, but i filled up for $3.69 again Friday. :naughty: But this will prolly be my last tank as its getting cold at night here.

Anyways, to those that have ran B99/B100, ever have any complaints of a bad exhaust smell going down the road? At an idle it smells like the regular french fries, but i got a call from some friends following me last night saying that when my truck smoked going up hills it smelled awful. That normal?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I can't get anything over 11% around here. We use soy oil in IL.

I would run b100 if I could find it and it was cheap. Like 3/gal cheap. Otherwise,no way!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well it ate the **** out of my fuel lines... Going to have to replace them from the pump to the motor...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.