It happened again...

99xlstroker

Reaction score
Ok guys my 4R100 just took a chit. I have already had it rebuild once already and it was supose to be bullet poof well i guess not. How many times have you guys had to rebuild your 4R100 untill it performed the way you wanted it to? What did you have to do to it to make it "right"?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I went thru 6 trannys at a local place... Called them "bullet proof" and that I would never break them... Last one he fixed he told me not to come back...

each time he nailed me for a 400-800 bill to "upgrade" more crap.

BTS once and done.

99xlstroker

Reaction score
I went thru 6 trannys at a local place... Called them "bullet proof" and that I would never break them... Last one he fixed he told me not to come back...

each time he nailed me for a 400-800 bill to "upgrade" more crap.

Hahaha ya thats what this guy told me completely "bullet proof" it will hold anything I would throw at it. Well sorry douche it didnt hold! And thank god its still under his warrenty cuz im not paying a dime!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hahaha ya thats what this guy told me completely "bullet proof" it will hold anything I would throw at it. Well sorry douche it didnt hold! And thank god its still under his warrenty cuz im not paying a dime!

Ya... His was warranted too... And that was not worth the paper it was printed on.

4th one didnt make it 500miles before it locked up...

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Bts. John wood or Nadp

Mine just packed er in last week. Nadp is reasonably closer than bts or jw for me. So ill be putting it to the test

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Ive been having some issues with BTS.. first i had something go wrong inside the tranny which caused slip or surging feeling at WOT and the truck would stall out when going into reverse. this happened within 2 months of putting the new tranny in (feb 2011). so i called brian and he sent out a new PUMP.. when we pulled the pump we found the tq converter was gone. Brian replaced that. now its been a month and im getting the slip/surging at WOT again in my higher tunes. been trying to get ahold of Brian for a week with no luck.. i hope he calls me back soon... im thinking theres something more serious going on and the trannys going to need to be replaced.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ya... His was warranted too... And that was not worth the paper it was printed on.

4th one didnt make it 500miles before it locked up...

Jesus !!! That's when I'd make the corporate to throw it through his window at 55 MPH !!!!!

FN74

Reaction score
Bts. John wood or Nadpt [/QUOTE

]:whs:

Brian at BTS is a time tested and tried known entity and while one guy on here is having a problem that is the first i have ever heard from a BTS. But NOTHING mechanical is perfect. I have personally visited JW and he does not give a damn about what people think, warranty, parts available, or anything else. If parts do not exist to be reliable at the specific power level he is building for, he makes them or has them made. If a transmission fails, it is not because you broke it, but because there is a weak part that needs to be improved and he uses that as a learning experience, not a blame game this is costing me money thing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ive been having some issues with BTS.. first i had something go wrong inside the tranny which caused slip or surging feeling at WOT and the truck would stall out when going into reverse. this happened within 2 months of putting the new tranny in (feb 2011). so i called brian and he sent out a new PUMP.. when we pulled the pump we found the tq converter was gone. Brian replaced that. now its been a month and im getting the slip/surging at WOT again in my higher tunes. been trying to get ahold of Brian for a week with no luck.. i hope he calls me back soon... im thinking theres something more serious going on and the trannys going to need to be replaced.
more than likely if he hasnt called you he's out of the shop.... first actual problem i have heard of a bts with symptoms other than i was doing this and i broke that type of thing, he'll make it rite trust me!!!

JD3020

Reaction score
Anybody messed with a Redline Diesel Power tranny? They have a good reputation with the Cummins guys and pullers, and they quoted me $4500 for a full competition rebuild with billet shafts and PI converter, and the lower performance builds were under $4k. Their in NE Ohio so it'd be closer for everybody out east than BTS or JW.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
Anybody messed with a Redline Diesel Power tranny? They have a good reputation with the Cummins guys and pullers, and they quoted me $4500 for a full competition rebuild with billet shafts and PI converter, and the lower performance builds were under $4k. Their in NE Ohio so it'd be closer for everybody out east than BTS or JW.

There's alot more 'special' about Brian's transmission than just upgraded shafts. He does several things to remove the 'slop' in the OEM design - this is largely why his transmissions don't really 'wear out'. He also fixes what he calls a sprinkler system in the stock set-up. Thats why clutches don't wear out and why shifts are as sharp as ya want them - without needing to increase line pressure. Unlike typical transmission shops, very little of the guts of your transmission are re-used and many of the new parts are BTS-exclusive.

Obviously, it is a mechanical thing and has many parts - so some % of 'failure' is eminent. That said, Brian is STILL improving his product all the time. I'm sure the others are too, but they've got some serious catching up to do! :p

TARM

Reaction score
When you go to BTS, you get to SEE why those other transmissions are not 'bulletproof'.... Doesn't JW buy parts from BTS?? :confused:

Don't even start with this kind of bs. You obviously don't know **** about jw to make a sa comment like that.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
Don't even start with this kind of bs. You obviously don't know **** about jw to make a sa comment like that.

You are correct, thats why I asked the question. I do know Brian has some expensive large-run parts made and heard JW buys some of those parts. I did not mean to imply JW trans is not as good - but I can see how it came across that way... :rolleyes:

Marty

Reaction score

pull it, send it and get it back. Done. You eill not find better customer service.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.