Hour meter

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Any idea how this thing calculates? The total time looks ok, but the idle time seems very excessive. ( don't remember the exact # will check and post) I haven't idled the truck much at all, I bought it the 2nd week of may and drive it mostly on weekends. Ok I have 2,583 miles , 80 hours total, 17 hours idle time.It must count all the time the engine is at idle, in gear or not. Anyone know??

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Probably does it using RPM, So you may be coasting with the TC unlocked and it considering it "Idle"

bama29fan

Reaction score
would it not be the easiest for Ford to read idle as anytime there is no throttle input?

Just guessing?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Id hate to see my bossmans Idle time. Ive seen him crank his truck and leave it idling over an hour to two hours before getting back in it and leaving. It never gets switched off, we can go into a business, be there for a good while, minimum 45 min and his A/C is wide open with the truck running the whole time. Probably why his MPG on the dash stays in the 14s

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Now my work truck is a different story. I can recall a many a time she has idled for 8 or more hours using it for lights or for a 12v power source.