Tripple Turbo Ideas

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Alright, getting closer on the DT motor install and I need air for that Scheid 13mm pump and huge injectors.

Still haven't picked injectors yet, but the head will be ported.
I have a GT45r right now that I am thinking of either replacing with a 75mm billet wheeled unit and a couple of smaller ones for atmospheric, or running a couple of gt35's over the 45r.

Thoughts please!!!!!

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I thought that as well until I went to TS. Saw quite a few set ups with in this range. I know they spooled well but I ended up passing out in my car and missed all the action, that is until some moron hit a telephone pole wire and knocked out power.

3 45r's would be way to much unless it was just for the track. Maybe three 66's???

It's not like there are any other triple turbo dt360 excursions out there that I can copy.....

davey99ps

Reaction score
Maybe talk to bigr about his trips, maybe he'd be able to at least point you in the right direction. It'd be cool to see a dt with trips

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
No I have not. Whats the skinny?

He's the guy that built the original Big Bad Dodge & currently is building a Sigma pumped Duramax with triples. Chris is one of the nicest guys you'll meet & will explain things in a way you can understand it. Wouldn't hurt to get a hold of him & discuss your setup & what you want to do with it & see what he would recommend. Goes by SuperSonic on CompD. Link to profile

smoker00

Reaction score
Um, no. Way too big on the primaries.

2 62s and a 64 or 66 would be a good setup.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

This is what im doing on a 5.9 right now a s366sx and two s364sx I dont know how well it will work I heard it well..but will see I found the turbos for a good price.. thats y we went that way..

Smokyred

Reaction score
He's the guy that built the original Big Bad Dodge & currently is building a Sigma pumped Duramax with triples. Chris is one of the nicest guys you'll meet & will explain things in a way you can understand it. Wouldn't hurt to get a hold of him & discuss your setup & what you want to do with it & see what he would recommend. Goes by SuperSonic on CompD. Link to profile

:whs:

Chris is by far one of the coolest guys I know. He's also very smart when it comes to truck mods.

The pictures of the new pulling truck don't do it justice, you have to see it in person! Just make sure you have plenty of time set aside to be there because there's a lot to look at and Chris loves to talk trucks! :D

Dave

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
:whs:

Chris is by far one of the coolest guys I know. He's also very smart when it comes to truck mods.

The pictures of the new pulling truck don't do it justice, you have to see it in person! Just make sure you have plenty of time set aside to be there because there's a lot to look at and Chris loves to talk trucks! :D

Dave

And he loves twinkles. LOL awesome dude.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I think your truck is amazing! Mines is so slow to come together you might have yours winning another couple of DPC's before I even have my pipes TIG'ed.....

Can't wait to see it!

Kind

Reaction score
Alright, getting closer on the DT motor install and I need air for that Scheid 13mm pump and huge injectors.

Still haven't picked injectors yet, but the head will be ported.
I have a GT45r right now that I am thinking of either replacing with a 75mm billet wheeled unit and a couple of smaller ones for atmospheric, or running a couple of gt35's over the 45r.

Thoughts please!!!!!

Just remember to keep the turbos similar in sizes.

My 6.4 will be done in a month or so and it has the 66 with 2 62's that seems to be popular. Brian Spooner in his Dmax is running a GT45 with a couple GT40 w/upgrades(run 9's in the 1/4). Double overtime runs a HX82 with a pair of HX80's. These setups are proven. Stick with that formula and play from there.

You should be able to run that GT45r with a couple GT40's or GT42's. But if you plan on street driving a bunch I wouldn't suggest anything bigger then a 66 manifold charger with a pair of 62's or 64's. My 66/x62's has enough cfm to make 1200hp, plus it will spools fast.

I don't understand people doing the GT45/GT35's combo. Pretty pants did it on Jeremy's truck and I haven't seen it personally but it seems laggy for a triple set up(someone who has seen it can correct me if I'm mistaken). Personally I feel the GT45 is to big and the GT35's to small for each other.

If you really want more then 1200hp then go with a 372 and a pair of 366's or the equivalent. Bill form Bullseye told me I could have enough cfm to make 1400hp with a 66 and a pair of 66's instead of the 62's. Triples aren't like twins, small changes net larger gains.

66 on the manifold and 2 80mm under it. Should be plenty of air!

Like already mentioned, this would never work. Those 80's would never ever ever light lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.