E99 comp swap?

jetsmech

Reaction score
So heres the deal. I purchased a later 7.3 comp for the swap and my chip is out being tuned right now. i tried to swap the comps today just to get the new one in and it wouldnt start. just cranked.Do i need to wait for the chip to swap em or is this one that i became the owner of a POS?

jetsmech

Reaction score
yeah i have no idea about these computers and im a little scared that i wasted money on this thing. im pretty sure i was the first person to crack it open. i pulled it apart so i could clean up the contacts and it had the plastic shield still in the hole and there was a thin rubber coating kinda on the contacts where the chip plugs into. i guess well see

907DAVE

Reaction score
It was a "virgin" PCM.......but you cannot just switch an early 99 PCM for a late model PCM and expect it to work.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
It was a "virgin" PCM.......but you cannot just switch an early 99 PCM for a late model PCM and expect it to work.

Why not? I swapped the e99 pcm out of my dually for a late99 and it worked fine, pcm control over the trans ins't an issue for me though so aside from that I don't see a problem swapping them.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
did you try to swap a manual comp for a auto comp?

did you take the keys out of the ignition before you touched anything?

if you have a E99 auto trans, look for something off this list. that list is all pcms for L99 to 01, auto trans.

i dont know what a dpc-462 is, i cannot help there.

you can swap any computer from E99 to 01, auto is only what i know as thats what i have. there all interchangeable, though i dont know what you would go backwards given a choice. the pcm's in 02 had extra pins in the connector that makes them unuseable in earlier models.

Attachments

• 422 PSD.doc
    126.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
DPC-462 is VDH. 2002-2003 Auto. E'99 Auto (XLE) to L'99 Auto (PMT) is a direct swap without anything else needed. Basically you have the right idea, but the wrong part for proper execution of your plan. If we have a PMT computer in stock at the shop, which we should have several, I would be willing to swap it out for you. If you pay the shipping both ways and it tests good, then you are in business. Give me a shout if you are interested.

4cstr

Reaction score
I have an E99 truck and swapped in a PMT box. One of the best things I could have done to my truck. I would take Patrick up on his offer

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
in my experience, as i gotta E99. i had the stock xle4 pcm in with a superchip. went to a pmt2 pcm. just by switching, all else the same, the pmt2 without a superchip had the same power/feel as the xle4 with a superchip. THEN you put a chip in it.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
Ah. Sorry to detail last question, my truck is a CA truck and if i remember correctly doesn't my truck have different injectors so i would have to get a pcm from another ca truck?

SoCalPsd-Corey

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
no you could get a dpc422 pcm and truck will run soooooo much better. not to mention a cruise control light :rockon:

Members online

No members online now.