HID/LED Comparison

jdgleason

Reaction score
Had a buddy's trucked parked next to mine the other night... Decided to take a couple pictures comparing HID headlights and LED reverse lights to stock. Thanks Retro!

0ef90644.jpg

3beab236.jpg

jdgleason

Reaction score
That's the truth. I've been meaning to wire up a switch to flip on my cargo and reverse lights. Need to get that done lol

retrosolutions

Reaction score
That's the truth. I've been meaning to wire up a switch to flip on my cargo and reverse lights. Need to get that done lol

PLEASE! You got to do this, because the value it holds the first time you use it on that tailgater is SOOOO worth it.

What kind of led bulbs are being used in the tail lights?

Our CREE reverse bulbs, Ask jdgleason or us about them for your vehicles anytime.

Is that possible? LOL

HIDs in the reverse are possible, but they take time to warm up to output, you got to have good supply wiring or provide it, and then you can't leave them on long without risk of melting the lamps for some combinations of housings and bulbs/output. We used to have a lot of Aussies put the HIDs in the tail lights, and even with warning we'd hear back from someone with a drooping tail light cover because they were taking photos and left them on too long!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
HIDs in the reverse are possible, but they take time to warm up to output, you got to have good supply wiring or provide it, and then you can't leave them on long without risk of melting the lamps for some combinations of housings and bulbs/output. We used to have a lot of Aussies put the HIDs in the tail lights, and even with warning we'd hear back from someone with a drooping tail light cover because they were taking photos and left them on too long!

That is what I was thinking. It is kind of pointless because by the time they warm up you have to turn them off. Not to mention, I don't think I would like buying new tail lights every month.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Not going to argue with you in your section, buy that's not really true. The ones we have had in our trucks for over a year come on pretty much instantly and do not get very hot at all... they are only 15 watt bulbs

Jomax

Reaction score

PLEASE share how to do this!!

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Wow the pics are crazy.... i wouldnt mind doing this in order to switch what all will i need new headlights, wiring, bulbs and such? Or will my stock lights work with new bulbs?

Latest posts

Members online