Well... There it goes...

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Today on the way home from a dentist appt, I looked in my mirror and saw that te whole road was blacked out, with the smoke coming from my truck... I looked at the boost gauge and sure enough it was pegged on 0. I always hoped my truck would hold up and not be like the others but unfortunately my 6.7 ate a turbo... I have no idea what to do at this point. I would rather not simply replace one problem with another one waiting to happen but there is no aftermarket "single setup" out yet... Help me out SPE and release some of these "truly awesome parts..." oh and I am at 7500 miles.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Hopefully you get it take care of. What tunes were you running? I sure hope mine holds out

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
my dads went at 13k.. the other 6.7 at the shop went at 101k. luck of the draw. both tuned em their whole life.

I personally think a single 64mm non VGT or so would be sweet..

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
if i take it to the dealer to have the turbo replaced, they arent going to try to reflash my computer are they? and does the cab have to come off to change the turbo?

01PSD

Reaction score
my dads went at 13k.. the other 6.7 at the shop went at 101k. luck of the draw. both tuned em their whole life.

I personally think a single 64mm non VGT or so would be sweet..

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

How many miles are on the truck that had 101k now?
Sorry for the derail, but that's some big mileage

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
All you would have to do is request that no updates be done. It shouldn't take to long its not a real bad job. It happens though not a big deal just a turbo

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
okay that makes me feel better. Thanks guys... I will tell them not to do updates or flash the computer.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Well it looks like I had some type of tune glitch... Bc my truck is fine now.. I started it last night and turbo is definitely active and well... I'm changing oil and lowering the tune today. Weird.. When I thought it blew, there was no strange noises which I found odd bc I heard vids of 6.7s with bad turbos that sounded horrible and my truck never sounded different. Oh well, thank god and I have my fingers crossed it was just a hiccup

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Well it looks like I had some type of tune glitch... Bc my truck is fine now.. I started it last night and turbo is definitely active and well... I'm changing oil and lowering the tune today. Weird.. When I thought it blew, there was no strange noises which I found odd bc I heard vids of 6.7s with bad turbos that sounded horrible and my truck never sounded different. Oh well, thank god and I have my fingers crossed it was just a hiccup

Links to any of the videos? When I am under load in low RPMs and let off i hear a wear noise, it almost sounds like something is wobbling. I can't tell if its the turbo or just the intake making noise. I hope it is just the intake making noises i'm not used to

Members online

No members online now.