Pro Comp Stabilizer FAIL

PFarmer

Reaction score
Pro_Comp_Steering_Stabilizer.jpg

This photo was taken when the stabilizer (and truck) were new.

I'm a crop insurance adjuster and My 6.7 is 17 months old. I put a 4" Rancho lift, 35" Goodrich AT TA/KO tires and a Pro Comp Steering Stabilizer on when truck was 4 days old. I drive 40K miles a year. Well, the stabilizer has failed. I thought it was pretty wimpy looking when I installed it (but I liked the "slim line" look) and now I KNOW it was wimpy.

I spend a lot of time running through wheat fields, corn fields, ditches, pastures and farm roads and I need the stability. The failed stabilizer is so noticeable that I'm having "death wobble" issues.

I'd like your opinion on Steering Stabilizer brands and models that can hold up to the kind of work I do.

Thanks!

nickg3130

Reaction score
I went through the same thing. Pro comp updated their kit. It now mounts in front of the tie rod instead like most kits are designed. I just got my new kit this week and will install this weekend. We'll see how it goes.

Zmann

Reaction score
hit top gunz custom and check out all of their options

I run their bilsteins

Zmann

Reaction score
I notice in your pic that you didn't use the boots ?
not sure if that played into the early demise ?
with what you do you mat consider installing just 1 out of harms way in the OEM spot ?

BFT

Reaction score
I have those and I think they are junk. Like mentioned I would hit up truck toyz and see what they got.
I had the death wobble before and it wasn't from the stabilizers

PFarmer

Reaction score
Well, got up in there and took a real good look around and it looks like my OFE track bar is shot. I ordered an Icon adjustable track bar from 4 Wheel Parts and I'll let y'all know what happens. The ProComp Stabilizer is probably the band-aid that's keeping it all together right now. I'll let you know :)

Rupp250

Reaction score
The death wobble is not from the worn stabilzers, I bet the track bar is going to fix it. If not you have other worn parts.

PFarmer

Reaction score
I feel like you're right. The truck is too new to really have too many other issues. It's a $300 fairly good shot in the dark. If that's not it, well.. we'll look again :)

bad12jr

Reaction score
Track bar fixed the death wobble on my 02. Someone at one point in time made one with cheap himes. Replaced it with a Ford part and problem solved.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Maybe change the thread title???

Rather then Procomp fail, Factory Ford part fail?

Or thread starter fail? Not sure what fits better...