Blue smoke.... Need help!!!!

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
Hi i have a early 99 7.3 powerstroke with 170,000 miles. I've noticed only on heavy acceleration my truck blows blue smoke. The higher the setting on my dp-tuner the more blue smoke it produces. I checked my oil level and it doesn't seem to be going down. I did the oil cap test(putting the oil cap upside down on the oil spout and to see if blow-by will blow the cap off) and it passed. I checked for seepage of oil in the intake tube where the ccv meets the intake tube and there is none. I do have a bad #8 injector which makes a loud knocking noise after the motor warms up. Any thoughts or ideas what could be causing the blue smoke? All thoughts and ideas are welcomed!!!! Need Help

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I really hope its that stupid injector or the O-rings. If my cylinder walls or my compression rings are messed up I'm gonna be pissed off. My truck recently underwent a contribution test and passed, does this support the blue smoke issue being due to an injector or injector 0-rings? How accurate are the contribution tests?

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
Thats the weird thing. Theres a little blue smoke under heavy fueling and acceleration, but I check my oil level and it hasn't gone down at all and if it has gone down then its not noticeable.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
What if the truck is eating oil? I have a little smoke come out of the oil fill tube, the oil cap vibrates off from the vibration but doesn't blow off or anything. Sometimes I have to add a quart of oil if I drove it somewhat hard for that couple thousand miles. Exhaust Smoke, I guess has a bluish tint to it if I roll into the throttle and its in overdrive. Not sure if I should be worried or not sorry for the rant/derail...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.