Defuel levels

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have my mini maxx in my truck and was wondering what you guys have set for your de-fuel levels(EGT's etc..)? Are there any warning levels on the minimax or just the de-fuel?

Also my truck makes an exhale noise between my 4-5 shift at WOT around 80mph. Is this normal or does something need to be adjusted? it does it with the H&S and KEM tunes

bama29fan

Reaction score
from my 7.3l experience you dont want to go above 1250 for very long. not sure how that translates to the 6.7l yet.

as for the noise between shifts...it sounds normal to me. i used to have a manual trans and you could hear this noise on every shift. its just excess pressure coming back out the intake.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I never set any limiters on my trucks. just watch your gauges. not many temps/pressures will be bad unless it's for an extended period.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The only one I have set right now is my EGT which is set at 1600* I noticed 1450 yesterday on some WOT runs from 0-90

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I never set any limiters on my trucks. just watch your gauges. not many temps/pressures will be bad unless it's for an extended period.

I can watch my guages all day long, I just don't know where I should start being concerned at. That was the main point of this thread. This is my first diesel pickup and I am still trying to learn

EGT's
EBP I saw this one hit 56psi today and that seemed high since boost was at 28psi
Fuel Pressure
Boost

ETC...

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I can watch my guages all day long, I just don't know where I should start being concerned at. That was the main point of this thread. This is my first diesel pickup and I am still trying to learn

EGT's
EBP I saw this one hit 56psi today and that seemed high since boost was at 28psi
Fuel Pressure
Boost

ETC...

Boost-only time I watch it to go to high is when towing, usually try and stay under 40psi. EBP-not sure what the mini maxx factors in on EBP so idk what to tell you. EGT-no number is usually too high IMO if it's for a short period. but anything about 14-1500 for a long period is too much. Fuel pressure-good to monitor, but I don't pay much attention unless I feel something is wrong with the truck.

only one I watch hard is egts while towing. I try and keep them under 1200 if it's for a long period.

bama29fan

Reaction score
Boost-only time I watch it to go to high is when towing, usually try and stay under 40psi. EBP-not sure what the mini maxx factors in on EBP so idk what to tell you. EGT-no number is usually too high IMO if it's for a short period. but anything about 14-1500 for a long period is too much. Fuel pressure-good to monitor, but I don't pay much attention unless I feel something is wrong with the truck.

only one I watch hard is egts while towing. I try and keep them under 1200 if it's for a long period.

do you know what that equates to on the stock EGT1 sensor....i monitor it with a CTS?

Latest posts

Members online