Best/ cheapest route for an excursion

little luke

Reaction score
We have a 2002 v10 4x4 excursion. It's running fine with only 60000 miles on the dash. I've been told when the motor takes a dump I'm dropping a diesel engine in it. My question is which will be the easiest swap, a 6.0, 7.3, or a cummins. I have a 6.0 and love it. I'm looking for is what will be the most straight forward swap. If I was to buy a ford donor truck with one of these motors would i have everything I need, wiring, mounts, transmission? Really dont even know what trans is in this thing. Just looking for some input, ideas, and past experiences. Thanks y'all.

little luke

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear these motors will last. I'm just trying to plan ahead. We do a lot of catering and need the ac in the back and only way we can go bigger is with a van. Suspension and a front end conversion are first on the list.

fordman2121

Reaction score
A 7.3 swap would be a complete bolt in with a donor truck. Pretty sure the 6.0 would also be a straight forward with a donor truck. But the cummims swap could be fairly easy also.

weazel

Reaction score
All of them will have different challenges involved, a 12v is simple and straight forward but you have to get everything to work, a 6.0/7.3 should drop right in but you still have to get all the wiring in order and such, I guess it is all in what you want really

Translated from hillbilly, with tapatalk
Engineers clear the way!