Powerstroke or Cummins in a car?

RedSmokey

Reaction score
So I am curious if anyone has any knowledge of one of those diesel motors in a car that was not a race application? I know there is a guy who put a duramax in an old chevelle, I think he races and cruises it. But I am curious as the cummins and powerstroke (thinking a 7.3) are pretty heavy, does anything need to be done to the front suspension of a car to handle the extra weight? Boxed arms? Higher weight rating springs? Whole new front clip (suspension)? I have a 65 pontiac and was thinking it might be cool to do a swap like that and started thinking about the suspension and front end in general...

Jomax

Reaction score
A guy in Az I know has a Galaxy station wagon with a 6.0 in it. Was in diesel power.

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

RedSmokey

Reaction score

Thats pretty cool, I wonder what he did for motor mounts. They almost look solid, the motor didnt budge when the starter hit it or while/after it fired up either. I am starting to look around for a donor truck, but I think im going to go with a 12v.

A guy in Az I know has a Galaxy station wagon with a 6.0 in it. Was in diesel power.

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

I will check it out and see what I can find on it. Thanks.

old man dave

Reaction score
Saw a clean street cruiser/bruiser DuraMax 67 Camaro at Famoso last month. Looked like a factory install. Reinforced everywhere. Seemed to take up about as much space as a BBC. There's a writeup at CompDiesel under diesel conversions.

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
1967 Ford Falcon with a 7.3:

ZEROD-Ford-Falcon-2.png

ZEROD-Ford-Falcon-1.png

Latest posts

Members online