Good Alarms?

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I did a quick search, and didnt see any threads on alarms here. What is a good 2 way/pager alarm for a superduty? My trucks a 2001 if that matters. Some dickface messed up my door when they attempted to break in, so I guess its time for an alarm, and possibly jimmy-jammers. Anyways, what alarms are you guys running, and how much are they costing you?

jdc753

Reaction score
WTF Alex, no luck at all. Could it have been that kid with the broom? Figured he had to get back at ya for that burnout in the car.

Seems Viper/Cliffard or Autopage have good stuff. Maybe try and find something with a lethal eletrical shock built in.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
This was in the ghetto. Went to pick up a motor from a shop for a friend. I was away from the truck for litteraly less than 2 minutes, guess the guy heard us coming back over and ran before I saw him. And some sort of shock setup would be sweet lol. I posted a pic of my door on FB if you want to see it.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Clifford or viper 2 way models, same alarm. Has shock sensor and remote start with keyfob with lcd showing whats happening.

jdc753

Reaction score
This was in the ghetto. Went to pick up a motor from a shop for a friend. I was away from the truck for litteraly less than 2 minutes, guess the guy heard us coming back over and ran before I saw him. And some sort of shock setup would be sweet lol. I posted a pic of my door on FB if you want to see it.

That blows, least it didn't get damaged too badly, still absolutely sucks though, and I bet sticks out to you like a sore thumb everytime you go to open the door.

I love the anti theft device Cat suggested LOL

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Clifford or viper 2 way models, same alarm. Has shock sensor and remote start with keyfob with lcd showing whats happening.

Do you happen to have any model numbers by chance? Also, did you install it yourself or have it done?

That blows, least it didn't get damaged too badly, still absolutely sucks though, and I bet sticks out to you like a sore thumb everytime you go to open the door.

I love the anti theft device Cat suggested LOL

Yea, its a little worse than the pic shows. My handle is sticking out, the metal/paint is messed up around the handle too. More than just a new handle to fix it :( Right now im going to get an alarm, and then jimmy jammers, then probably beat the bent part of the door back and just leave the paint ***ed i guess. Probably get a new door handle without a key hole too. And as pissed off as I was, I lol'd when I read Cat's comment

Irontx

Reaction score
Viper 2 way and some jimmy jammers will give you some piece of mind. If they want it bad enough, they will just break the glass. Viper has glass break sensors as well. At least with the 2 way, you have a chance to get back to your truck and catch someone. Sucks to hear about your truck though.

BMac

Reaction score
I have a Viper system, 791xv...but i've had it for a few years so it's probably discontinued, but you can't go wrong with viper...you also get remote start and turbo timer with most of them as well

jdc753

Reaction score
Yea, its a little worse than the pic shows. My handle is sticking out, the metal/paint is messed up around the handle too. More than just a new handle to fix it :( Right now im going to get an alarm, and then jimmy jammers, then probably beat the bent part of the door back and just leave the paint ***ed i guess. Probably get a new door handle without a key hole too. And as pissed off as I was, I lol'd when I read Cat's comment

Damn that really sucks, can't have nothing nice these days without some dink jealous lazy wanna be trying to jack it or just plain destroy it out of jealousy. Glad to hear you were at least able to laugh with Cat's comment, I think I woke up my other coworkers when I read it LOL

reminds me of one of my favorite quotes
You lazy, half-ass bully! Any asshole can pull a gun on somebody! You don't know the first thing about stealing a car! Boy! You need a role model!

I would think by now those alarms that work with the iPhones will work with Droids as well, least just a secondary warning device to go with the keyfob. I know the shop I go to sells Viper stuff and thats what I always figured on going with.

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
I have a Clifford 50.7x and have been happy with it. I had it installed. I heard the install can be a little more detailed with diesels.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Im looking at the Viper 5701V 2-way security with auto-start. I can get it installed from an authorized dealer for $400. Does that sound like an OK price? It says it is compatable with the phone app module setup dealy too. lol

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Viper+-+5901+Responder+LC3+SST+Security/Remote+Start+System+%28Basic+Install+Included%29/9008539.p?id=1218008110152&skuId=9008539&IcsCsid=2-39-1368-25-5-51177-52991-25-1368-566-25-1368-2187-0-4

For installed this is your best option.

Its a nicer alarm than the one your looking at and the lcd is worth it. Mine is an old model but has a better screen than the new one. Being able to see exactly why what set the alarm off from shock sensor to they opened the door is what makes it worth the extra money to me.

average

Reaction score
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Viper+-+5901+Responder+LC3+SST+Security/Remote+Start+System+%28Basic+Install+Included%29/9008539.p?id=1218008110152&skuId=9008539&IcsCsid=2-39-1368-25-5-51177-52991-25-1368-566-25-1368-2187-0-4

For installed this is your best option.

Its a nicer alarm than the one your looking at and the lcd is worth it. Mine is an old model but has a better screen than the new one. Being able to see exactly why what set the alarm off from shock sensor to they opened the door is what makes it worth the extra money to me.

How would the linked unit do the remote start considering the glow plugs and all? (Never had a diesel with remote start before)

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
There is an 8 second delay on mine. Key on, then 8 seconds later it cranks for start. It's not cold in Phoenix, so not really too much to think about.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You just set the delay to whatever you want. I have mine set to 15 seconds I think.

Latest posts

Members online