want to go lower

Dzchey21

Reaction score
right now im at no rear block and i want to go lower, im thinking taking two leafs out of the rear, running air bags for load control and cutting the front spring further, what ya'll think?

David S.

Reaction score
do you have any suspension mods on the front as of right now? I think your truck site perfect right now

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i cut 3/4 of a coil out of the front, basically made it sit like a 5.4 coil

I like the stance but i think just a little lower would fill the fender just a bit better

David S.

Reaction score
got a current pic other than the one on the avatar? what size tires?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Should have posted pics to begin with. This is how it sits right now

tires are 305/45/22

2011-05-30_12-07-04_826.jpg

2011-04-02_11-34-47_568.jpg

2011-04-02_11-33-58_216.jpg

David S.

Reaction score
damn I love that stance. but you do have room to go lower to fill out the fenders. I say lower now seeing pics

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah not like i want to slam it i just think another inch or two would do it some good, i know 1 inch is going to get really close to hitting the bump/stop and frame, guess ill play with the front first and see how low i can get it

Another reason i want to take the rear springs out is my truck rides like poo

David S.

Reaction score
yeah i'd take the leafs out, especially if it's not smooth. the lower the faster too apparently!

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I think with a shock change it could be made to ride better. I wonder how just putting on the longer shackles out of that kit and not the other brackets would do.

JDub

Reaction score
I removed the big thick load spring on the bottom of the spring pack and install the rear shackle from DJM in my 2wd, dropped about 2 1/2" total doing that and it was super easy. I'd say get a shorter shock as well, if it's a stock height shock, you could have the shock already compressed too far just at regular ride height, making the compression even stiffer. Shorten the shocks up, maybe a Rancho 9000 with some adjustability.

Enoch

Reaction score
I removed the big thick load spring on the bottom of the spring pack and install the rear shackle from DJM in my 2wd, dropped about 2 1/2" total doing that and it was super easy.

This, and to OP maybe dumb question but is your 2wd or 4wd?
If it's 2wd and you cut the springs and said it was like th 5.4 springs, will 5.4 springs fit on our trucks and drop it and work?
Mine's dropped 3/5 and I want to go lower, I had a custom bag set up made for the rear to tow and it actually seems like it raised it up a bit. So I'm trying to drop mine more as well.

Super 6.0

Reaction score
i think if you could get it down another 2" and fill some of the void between the tires and fenders it would look really sharp

Dzchey21

Reaction score
its 4wd

5.4 springs are a lighter spring rate, so it does lower our trucks and they fit just fine

I think i can get 2 inches out of the rear no problem the front is what im worried about im only about 1/2 inch from the bump stop now

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I agree with Mike and WOP (forgot his damn name), the right shocks will go a long way in improving a ride with limited suspension travel. I would also consider the shackle mod. If the shocks are making it ride like crap, just changing the shackles and shocks could get you where you want. Bags is a good idea for keeping your ride quality when hauling. Hell I even have to get a pair. Can you cut the bump stops in the front to gain some travel?

old96stroker

Reaction score
Do you tow anything bud? I think it looks rreally nice if anything I would go with a slightly taller tire when time, that would help your ride too. Has it ever towed anything? It might help if you towed some HEAVY stuff a few times, I guarantee it will ride better then!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i unhooked the rear shocks and the ride isnt much different other than it bounces, so i think there is too much spring not really a stiff shock, i had rs9000s on it and it rode like do-do, switched back to stock shocks, do-do, now on some other ones im trying... still do-do, i dont think its the shocks.

No i dont tow anything anymore LOL a 3000 lb boat but thats about it. i used to tow about 10k but thoughs days are over, for now anyway, thats what the air bags were gunna be for, use the leafs for locating and basically control ride height a little with the bags as well as load rating

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Were all the shocks stock length? That could be the reason for the bad ride. If it is bouncing, the shock isn't doing its job. Could be too compressed and out of its range.

Latest posts

Members online